cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on seeburger mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam going to work on seeburger, at the moment we have installed seeburger on PI7.11

We have some vendors who woukd initiate the EDI transactions, we would be getting a request in EDI format for wchch we need to respond back.

I have a little ide that EDI message needs to be converted EDI XML and then it needs to be mapped with in PI to SAP understandable format.

Could somebody guide me what I need to in Seeburger BIC and how can I get them in Integration Repository,

What purpose we need to use AS2 and how can it be set up in PI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vamsi,

Required Documentation can be found in the Package shipped also you can refere below blog :

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

Thanks ,

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the input Sunil.

Iam working on these transactions

940-warehouse shipping orders (Outbound from SAP) - msg type DELVRY03

943-warehouse shipping advice (Outbound from SAP) - msg type DELVRY03

944-warehouse stock transfer (Inbound to SAP) - msg type WMMBID01

945-shipping confirmation (Inbound to SAP) - msg type DELVRY03

947-warehouse inventory adjustment (Inbound to SAP) - msg type WMMBID01

I have installed BIC MD on my machine and imported the the project file prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd from user\bicmd\exchange.

Now I have the GeneratorMappings project which contains the following service mappings:

CreateMappingEdiToXml

CreateMappingXmlToEdi

CreateXMLMessage

1) what are the corresponding EDI ANSI X12 xsds for the above transactions and how they can be imported to BIC.

2) Is it better to set up Active Mappings as a seperate project, copy the above three Generetor mappings under Active mappings project and import EDI schemas in to that.

3) In BIC there is an option called Connection to Repository, What is this connection and where it needs to be connected.

4) How do I start mapping in BIC tool, It it same as what we do in GUI mapping in XI Integration Repository.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You will get these XSDs with the Seeburger components you have downloaded. Look for project prj_SeeburgerFormatMapping where you will find the xml files which can be imported in BIC.

2. Yes, I recommend creating a new project.

3. We have survived our implementation without this option. Not mandatory for sure.

4. No, its not same and you have to do it in BIC MD tool itself. But understand that BIC Mapping are only required if you want to change any EDI standard format or to add a new message format. If you are talking about Idoc to EDI mapping, you have to use normal PI mapping options.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Addition to the above.

First identify the message format whether it is going to EDIFACT or ANSIX12 or...

then check for the version of those formats (e.g if ANSIX12 then is the version of message is V4010 similarly for edifact 96A,..)

if the version is same as above mentioned then you don't need to worry about the development of mappings in BIS Tool..

as the mappings for versions (V4010 in case of ANSIX12, 96A in case of EDIFACT ) are shipped by default with the seeburger..

if it is different versions then need to generate the mappings and generate SDA file needs to be deployed in PI for aviailablity.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for guiding me Prateek and Rajesh.

I have imported SeeburgerFormatMapping_2.1 in BIC. As I said earlier my EDI format is ANSI X12.

Under SeeburgerFormatMapping_2.1 project -> Messages , I see that for ANSI X12 it has only these messages

See_ANSIX12_service

See_997_V4010

See_997_allVersion

See_862_V4010

See_856_V4010

See_855_V4010

See_850_V4010

See_830_V4010

See_810_V4010

See_AnsiX12_Service_Error

Mapping folder too have mappings only (related to ANSI X12) for the above mentioned messages

like See_X2E_ANSIX12_810_V4010

See_E2X_ANSIX12_810_V4010

Iam need mappings for 940,943,944,945,947 and 867.

Did I miss any steps

Edited by: Vamsi on Dec 15, 2010 7:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have imported prj_GeneratorMappings.zip.bicmd and prj_SeeburgerFormatMapping_2.1.zip.bicmd in BIC and could not find 940,943,944,945,947 and 867 messages and mappings.

What I have done is I created a mapping in BIC MD like this. Somebody please validate if this is good or not.

1) Imported message msg_ANSIX12_940_V4010.xml under ANSI X12 (ANSI X12 is under Messages whic is under Active_Mappings)

2) Imported msg_XML_940_V4010.xml under XML folder (XML is under Messages which is under Active_Mappings)

3) Created Mapping by seleting source file as msg_ANSIX12_940_V4010.xml and destination file as msg_XML_940_V4010.xml

4) compiled the mapping, looks like no issues

Am I all set to deploy this mapping on PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any advise please on the above steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process following is perfect..

only thing you need to ensure is the handling of new line characters and the naming convention of the mapping..

Name of the mapping matters ...as the child mapping(850,..860.9...) will be called from parent mapping (See_ANSIX12)

parent mapping will form the child mapping name as See_E2X_ANSIX12_...(format provided by seeburger..) and invokes the same..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Rajesh.

I have renamed the all the mappings See_E2X_blahblah and See_X2E_blahah

1) For the mappings I created, when I opened the mapping editor in BIC MD it is blank, wondering why it is bank. Did I miss anything

2) For the all above mentioned transaction looks like I need to send MDN back. So I have created mapping for 997 which are

See_X2E_ANSIX12_997_V4060 and See_E2X_ANSIX12_997_V4060

3) All the commuication would be AS2 adapter. Any guidance how to cofigure in the comm channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are using generatorMapping project mapping (i dont see remember exact name but there is mapping..)

which needs to be executed for generating new mapping of your...

save that to local folder and then reimport into your project...

No need to generate the mapping for 997 for E2X..this is generated automatically by parent mapping (i,e in case of your inbound scenario...)

for outbound there is already mapping available for all versions...

Did you checked my blog for configurations at adapter level ..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh Iam generating mappings in Acive_Mapping project which is my custom project.

There is a GeneratorMappings project too in my workspace.

In GeneratorMappings project, I have CreateMappingEdiToXML, CreateMappingXMLto Edi and CreateXMLMessage as default mappings.

Iam confused here, Could you guide me what I need to do in GeneratorMappings project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to use the CreateMappingEdiToXMl for generating your E2X mappings...and another one for X2E mappings

where source will be EDI XSD and target should be your mapping name..

check the doc provided by seeburger along with the bis mapping tool..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Here is what documentation says, it did not tell to use CreateMappingEdiToXML to generate the mapping.

Creating New Mappings (Except XML Sources)

(Covers all types except XML as source type)

1. Click in the Project Explorer in a desired project on any mapping or on the Mappings node.

2. Then open the context menu with a right-mouse-click and choose New | Mapping, or click on the

second icon in the tool bar.

The Property panel for a mapping is opened and offers now the possibility to choose the Source and

Destination Message format for the new mapping. Choosing the involved messages has the effect that

also a suggestive and unique (in the current project) name for the new mapping is created, which can

be accepted, or modified by the user. Not commonly used characters should be avoided for mapping

names.

3. Confirm the settings, close the Property panel, and now the new created mapping can be opened

as explained in the previous section.

To edit or create mapping code, just select a record in the Source message. Expand the sub nodes

(sub records) eventually with a click on +. The written code in the Mapping Editor (record program) is

now automatically associated with a certain record.

When a conversion is performed, the converter will read the source file sequentially. For every found

record the corresponding record program will be executed. This happens automatically multiple times,

if the record is found more than once u2013 an explicitly loop programming is not necessary.

Editing the mapping code is quite convenient u2013 a Source field can be dragged and dropped on a

Destination field. The corresponding mapping code appears instantly in the Mapping Editor

I could not see the fields needed when I see the ANSI X12 structure, so I did not drag & drop on any field.

Do I still do any thing with CreateMappingEdiToXML to generate the mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did the mapping as described in the munual, which is same as in XI. Drag and drop the fields from source to target.

As per document it looks like we can create mappings directly under any project.

So I have created the mapping under ActiveMappings project , not in the GeneratorMappings.

In BIC MD Test environment, I have compiled the mapping which shows compilations is succesful.

But when I click button convert it is throwing below error.

[Error:ID=2023;LEVEL=1] InhouseDocReader readNextSegment(): offset[79250(read Segment : <?XML VERSION="1.0" ENCODING="UTF-8"?>

Could somebody let me know whether this error is a concern , What might have triggered this error.

Do I need to care of about this convert ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any advise please on the above steps reg. conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create a mapping BIC MD, In generator MApping - Test environment, I have selected Seeburger delivered EDI ANSI X12 940 as source, and destination as xxx_map_E2X_940_4060.

I have selected CreateMappingEDItoXML as Mapping process.

When I click complie it complied good, when I click convert it reported the error.

Error:ID=2023;LEVEL=1 InhouseDocReader readNextSegment(): offset[79250(read Segment : <?XML VERSION="1.0" ENCODING="UTF-8"?>

Any thoughts on the conversion step please.

Could somebody let me know whether this error is a concern , What might have triggered this error.

Do I need to care of about this convert to create mapping in BIC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned in earlier post itself you need to take care of new line handlings in the mappings..

but unfortunately i dont remember the place and code where this change needs to be handled..

there is new line function which needs to be turned off..check this at parent segment level

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well When I click convert it is showing the error. when I compiled it created a temp mapping in the folder.

Do you mean I need to import the mapping created into BIC MD and modfy it.

0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

Am a newbie to seeburger BIC MD, i have done with the Global Mapping in BIC and configured in the adapter and gone well. well am little bit confused of INHOUSE format for the EDI.

As the requirement comes with they are moving with the INHOUSE format,so i need to know how to map the EDI in  INHOUSE format. i have searched with the blog, all are impasse..

so please help me in how to work in BICMD with the inhouse edi DELFOR.could you suggest some good links..

Timely help makes much effective, indeed...!

Thanks in advance for all who makes me to move ahead...

Regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I am also and i am indeed for Inhouse maIpping. Could you please suggest me, how did you use the BIC MD for mapping Inhouse edi files. I have done some mapping with customize coding. But i am getting error in compilation. The error was,

• Precompiler Alert: Line:    5 The result of the expression will be converted from String to Number

My coding seems to be,

if existsourcefield("GUNH.G02.NAD:E3035") && trim(GUNH.G02.NAD:E3035) != ""
copy GUNH.G02.NAD:E3035 to LIST.S_UNB.S_UNH.G_SSG2.S_NAD.D_3035:value;
endif

This is for particular field in NAD segment.

Can you pls suggest me to clear this..

Thanks

Amar