cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS QA & ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone use TMS QA for approvals instead of ChaRM or in addition to ChaRM? Can anyone provide me with high level information on when and why they use TMS QA instead of using ChaRM for approvals and moving Transports from Dev to QA to Prod? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Karen,

Charm is a complete Change Request Management System

ChaRM enables projects to utilize the proven SAP Transport Management System (TMS) functionality as it was originally intended - as a software logistics process to ensure the integrity of your production environment.

/people/community.user/blog/2009/11/27/the-complete-charm-solution

TMS QA

TMS Quality Assurance increases the quality and the availability of the production systems by letting you check requests in the QA system before they are delivered to subsequent systems.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/de/2ea1397b0e1224e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm TMS QA

So I am not sure if you would want to use this instead of Charm as it is not a replacement for Charm, its more an enhancement to TMS.

I hope the above links provide a sufficient overview.

Regards,

Paul

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Karen

If you have to start implementation of SAP transports and still define the process, I would recommend you choose Charm as it offers much more functionality compared to transporting using regular CTS and it's a safer way of transporting (making sure the transport requests go in, in the right order etc).

It's a bigger effort to implement charm but it's a better,safer way of working once it's implemented.

I see customers struggle with the regular CTS in terms of order of transport requests and on area's like transport request approval through approval list.

Kind regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul & Tom,

Thanks for the information. We've already implemented ChaRM for our HCM system and plan to extend to our other ECC 6.0 systems beginning in February; however, we're having issues with ChaRM in regard to Basis related Transports for support packages along with other external Transports and we've been asked to get information on TMS QA.

Regards,

Karen