Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager : All work processes are used up by CSMREG

former_member184682
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have been experiencing this behaviour since the last couple of months. We have a very large landscape of systems and all are being monitored by our solution manager. Sometimes we see that the CSMREG user uses up all the work processes and the sm50 shows that it waits for Rollout or so. The roll buffer and roll file are fine. ST02 doesnot show any problems related to it

Could you please help me with pointers like

In such a situation .. how can we evaluate further. Because we can pracitally do nothing in the system until the work processes are freed up.

Can we do something to make sure that some dialog work process are always free for other users. Becuase CSMREG is not using RZ12 where we can put some restriction of the number of free dialog processes.

Also do you know if there is a way to check the history of databaase locks during this time. Because when the system is stuck i cannot use transaction db01 to get this information

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem must be with the RFC and which deal with satelite System and Agent, Aslo Check the CSMREG User Profile and Permission.

Regards

Vivekanand Pandey

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IF CSMREG user is not releasing the WP try setting the parameter rdisp/max_wprun_time with the suitable value.

Also check the work process logs as to why WP is not getting relesed.

Thanks

Romansh

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, This one is a known problem(unfortunately not able to recollect the SAP note). Can you upgrade your Kernel and come back with feedback.

Regards, Amber S | A

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Please check sapccm4x.log what error do you get?

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many work process did you configured in SOLMAN, what is the action that CSMUSER is busy with?

I think CSMREG is a communicatino user to satellite agents and check the RZ21--> AGENT status.

Regards

SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this problem on solution manager or satellite system?

How many WPs you have in solman?