Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating SAP accounts to a new name format - but keep all existing data

eamonn_osullivan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to migrate - copy user accounts in SAP to have a new name format - but keep this data linked to the original account.

Basically, we are setting a new domain - that will have new user ids - using single sign

The old server also users single sign

I know I can add multiple domains to for SSO, but they need to have unique ids.....

I need to keep both systems\domains up for now!

The old (original) users accounts hold all the users details for payroll etc, and I want to be able to migrate the user account in SAP to a new name that will be used from the NEW AD that intern use single sign

So New AD name would be john.bloggs

the old system is bloggs.john

I also need to keep both users accounts active for both domains.....is thsi possible and how do I do it..

I have had a look around and cannot find anything that will do this...

Thanks in advance -

We are creating new accounts in AD - Nothing will be migrated via the OS level

Edited by: Eamonn O'Sullivan on Dec 14, 2010 5:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there a way to migrate - copy user accounts in SAP to have a new name format - but keep this data linked to the original account.

On top, if you "migrate" a system to a new domain you must do a homogeneous system copy. Windows doesn't store users as names but as unique UUIDs which change - and hence everything gets lost (like permissions, ACLs, registry entries etc.)

Note 1233320 - Domain migration for SAP system

Markus

eamonn_osullivan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

We are not changing the SAP systems they will stop on the same boxes.at the same levels etc - no chnages

We will have two domains - the old and the new

The original account from the original domain - using the original SSO - users an account called

bloggs.john

This holds the users details in connection with HR, payments, ordering etc etc

What I need to copy/migrate all these USER settings for the Same new user called John.Briggs, on the same SAP system.

i know there will 2 accounts and doubling the amount of sap licences!

The new accounts need to see everything the old account did + still work on the old account as well.

The new account will also be using single sign on

Or even more simpler - is there a way to use two different domains, with different user ids to one account in SAP!

From what I have read so far this not an option!

Hope this clearer -

Rdgs

Edited by: Eamonn O'Sullivan on Dec 15, 2010 12:38 PM