Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant tcode ZME22N

Former Member
0 Kudos

A transaction code ZME22n has been created in the R/3 system as a variant to ME22N.

Now, when the transaction is being run, it calls for ME22N internally and is thus causing authorization issues to the users since this transaction has not been granted.

Question: Is it possible to restrict the call of ME22N? if yes, can it be restricted by security methods or by the program methods?

Please provide your opinions on the same.

Thanks, Nitin

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make use of CALL Transaction. This is the task of ABAPers. You can work with them to include the CALL Transaction and call ME22N transaction code in your custom transaction.

However, you still may need to tag all the authorization objects required to execute ME22N to have the user execute the custom transaction code.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to following thread for further details on this issue

[;

Thanks,

Sandipan

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether restriction can be imposed via tcdcouples table or se97 in case of call transaction problems..please check and let us know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible. SE97 does not work in all cases.

You can only switch the screen variant of ME22N itself or use ME22.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

What is the difference between ZME22N and ME22N please?

Regards

David