cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure "To" address using email adapter without message mapping?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to send email using email adapter. I am using XIPAYLOAD. Currently I hardcoding the "To" address in the message mapping to inbound mail interface.

But my customer says that in future the To address can change and they want a easy may to change the address without going to the message mapping.

I have tried to configure "To" in adapter but then I get the email as attachment which I don't want.

How to handle this situation? That is, I don't want mail as attachment and an option to easily modify "To"

address without going to the message mapping.

Please help!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take a look at this blog for Prop FIle look up inXI,

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/06/07/property-file-a-smart-use-in-xi-context

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gopal,

Did you take a look at these blogs?

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

You can always get the Email ID dynamically during the mapping from a prop file.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You can probably ask them to place the "To" field in a property file which is placed on the XI server and then take the value from the property file at runtime using a udf -> we are currently implementing this appraoch in some of the interfaces. So, the client will access only a file on the server instead of touching the mapping environment.

Regards,

Sushumna

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use TO in mail communication channel

and don't have the attachment

section:

Sending HTML content inside the e-mail.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

michal

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

In my case I am sending simple text email in the body. I am dynamically generating the content of email in the message mapping to the inbound mail interface.

In the comm channel I am using XIPAYLOAD and I have checked "use Mail package"

So what else I have to do?

So can you give me some steps?

Thanks

Gopal