cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create BP from existing vendors optionally?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

how can I create RE business partners from existing vendors for some optional vendors only?

Does the vendor synchronization (Cross-Application Components - Master Data Synchronization - Customer/Vendor Integration) mean that a BP is created for each vendor in the specific account group?

I've tried to define the configuration settings but haven't found the solution for this yet. Please advise.

- BP grouping assigned to number range

- one FI account group is assigned to BP grouping

- BP role (BP role category, BP view) defined

- in Vendor role link, is the assignment of Role category "optional"?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your comment. I need to check this option too.

However, in this case this does not seem like the best option regarding the workload of users. If they have already xxx vendors in FICO, it does not seem like a very efficient way to create those first also as BP, and then link these records.

It would be much easier to only create the BP based on vendor data with FLBPC1, and save the double work.

Based on SAP documentation, I've understood that FLBPC1 Create BP from vendor is meant for this purpose, so I would like to use this option.

Please advise. Has anyone used FLBPC1 Create BP from vendor successfully?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I try to create the vendor with FLBPC1 Create BP from vendor.

Here I get the error message

"Vendor xxx cannot be assigned to a business partner....This can be due to the following reasons:

- The vendor has been created in an account group that is not relevan for update in the business partner.

- The vendor is part of a sales center. "

However the vendor is in a FI account group that is linked to BP grouping.

In other direction I can create simultaneoulsly a BP and also a vendor for this account group.

BR,

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this by linking two existing records. Create a business partner with General Business partner role and use FLBPC2 transaction to link the existing Bp with the existing vendor. Here only condition is the vendor role which you are trying to use to link these two must be configured in RE Business partner to Vendor Role assignment.

Thanks,

Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to activate the SAP note 1306639?

Has anyone experience with this note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried FLBPC1 ?

This transaction is meant for creating business partner from existing vendor.

Regards, Sekhar