cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in starting services after rebooting the sap server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I got a problem in starting SAP services files in SAP BI system on windows 2003 server. Whenever I reboot the system all sap services failed to start throw a message u201CCould not start SAPBDJ_00 service on local computer. Error 1069: The service did not start due to login failure".

This is the common message for every sap service SAP<SID>_00,SAPOSCOLL,SAPCMSr.01,SAPSMD_98. Until unless I maintain ./SAPservice<SID> password externally by going through service.msc and g to properties of particular service and g to logon option to maintain password manually to fix this.

./SAPService<SID> user is no locked and password maintained properly also I tried to change the service user to SIDADM user and restarted the server however getting the same problem.

Could not find any fixes in internet so please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

reolved myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, vinod kumae

I have the same problem with starting sap service after reboot windows OS. Could You tell me how did You resolve it?

eamonn_osullivan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Make sure the service that is starting is using the correct account and has not defaulted to local adm

and also check the start-up profile parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This always go into tricky way register your service using SAPSTARTSRV present under exe executables.

Regards,

Salim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any specific reason for server restart? have you applied kernel patches? Can you please check the windows viewer logs for applications, system and security?

If change the service owner to SIDADM then the service should start without any issues if you maintain the correct password. Are you under domain or local installation.

BTW when you close old threads then no need to update the thread with thanks or some other comments as the this push new threads down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

we are in midde of BI implementation. last week we built the DEv box and Updated kernel and suport packs and restarted then i observerved this issue. I have already tried to change the SIDADm user but intially after changing the user service will start and once you restart the server then the issues appear again.

The password which i am using was the one set during the installation.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the service is set to run as <SID>adm with correct password then even after reboot you should not have any issues.

Any logs in windows event viewer?