cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBSlConnect failed, when using saplicense.exe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've installed EP system with WAS 6.40 (Java engine only) and MS SQL DB. I did the installation by using Rapid Installer.

When trying to install the license (actual or temporary), system gives the same error message...

**SAPLICENSE <Release 640> ERROR**

ERROR: Connect to database failed

DETAILS: DbSlConnect failed with return code 99 SQL-ERROR 0 <check DB manual for explanation>

This error message is shown when using saplicense -test, -temp, -show and other commands. Only -get command works and it delivers the HW key.

I've checked that the SAP DB Services at windows are working.

I do not know SQL or DBs in overall that well, so I could find the reasona and the solution for this behaviour.

I'd appreciate a lot for all to instructions and help.

Thanks in advance.

-Tommi Vainio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution was quite simple. As said this is java standalone system, so no ABAP-engine installed. So the "tradional" license installation were not supposed to work.

As I'm not very familiar with WAS operations, it took a while to find the solution (through SDN), but it was pretty simple. Just start the Visual Administrator tool (usr\sap\NSP\JC<xx>\j2ee\admin\go.bat) and from there you can find the "Licensing Adapter" when you select correct server and "Services" underneath it. There the installation is very simple to do.

-tommi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommi,

It usually works when ur server is set to back date.

Try this also..

check the link, there is a license guide there,it will explain the process how to install the apply the license key.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6

Just reinstall the license using this and check it out.

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommi,

Did you try out what I said?

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommi,

I've heard that you if you set your system date to a date that was before your license expired, then start the system, then log on and install the new license with transaction code SLICENSE, then set your system date back, that the new license will take effect.

Just start ur system in back date.Then u can apply the new license, but i suggest u to execute SLICENSE transaction on os level. just go in C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\nuc\NTI386\ SLICENSE -install

Hope this helps you!

cheers,

Prashanth

P.S : Please mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Big thanks for you replies,

Sorry for not being detailed enough in the very beginning.

Problem itself is not the expiry date of the (temporary) license key - though it has passed already.

I already earlier did what Prashanth suggested - so changed the system date to couple of months earlier. Unfortunately his one did no help...

I have only j2ee-engine installed, no abap-engine -> so SAP transactions (like SLICENSE) do not work here. I've run the saplicense.exe programme at the OS level and the system gives me the error message described earlier.

BTW: the path for the saplicense.exe is usr\sap\NSP\SYS\exe\run\.... So it's different from what Prashanth suggested; maybe because of the missing abap-engine?

For me the problem seems to be at the integration between WAS/(EP) and DB.... something is not correct in there?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-Tommi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. is the DB located on different host ?

--ikhsan-

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB is on the same host.

-Tommi