cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP-5.3-Delete WF elements when several request are pending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Whenever I want to modify the WF elements, I have to archive all the request pending and then delete them for ensuring the modifying action. As long as I can download the audit trail for everyone, I wonder if is there any other way to proceed.

I mean, Which is the best practice to modify/update a WF or any of its elements?

How do you proceed whenever you want to update a Workflow element?

Any suggestion would be very welcomed! Many thanks in advance

Best regards,

Margarita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks for your fast response!

If I want to delete a path which has some request pending, no matter the request type so I have to archive all the request and then delete them for deleting the path.

I am at SP13, 5.3. In which SP is happening the issue about the cancelled request type?

Thanks again!

Margarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say approve or reject all the request so that they are fully closed. Download the audit trail and archive the requests. Now, you should be able to make changes to the path.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Margarita,

You do not have to archive requests, if you need to change initiator/stage. Also, you can disable a path and create another path as the copy of this particualr path. To make changes to path definition or path-stage association, you will have to make sure that there are no open requests for that path.

If you just want to simplify all this then you can go to My work -> request audit trail and download Audit trail. Now, you can archive all those requests and make changes to the workflow. There is still an issue with this, if there is a cancelled request for that particular workflow, CUP would not allow you to make changes to workflow even after archiving requests.

Regards,

Alpesh