cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment in custom model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

How to create attachments in XI using custom module.can anyone suggest on this?

Thanks

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you briefly explain about your requirement becaused it all depends upon various parameters.

If you want to attach the Payload, then you can use Payloasswapbean module.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/AdapterModulePI7.0SetAttachmentName

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is IDOC XI-SOAP request and then SOAP response XIMail

In the first part I have to generate a file from IDOC data and send it to Webservice using SOAP receiver adapter as an attachment..

So how I can create attachment?plz suggest me

Thanks,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ref: /people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/03/06/how-to-create-a-web-service-with-attachments-soap-with-attachments

Thanks,

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Ref: /people/baris.buyuktanir2/blog/2007/03/06/how-to-create-a-web-service-with-attachments-soap-with-attachments

This is not useful, as it has nothing to do with PI.

If someone has not worked with adapter modules before, it is not so easy to create one, but changing payload and attachment inside an adapter module is an easy task for an experienced developer.

I think this is not a good scenario at all. I see a lot of projects where webservices are used in a way, they are not thought.

It might sound easy to send an idoc just as attachment, but this a totally wrong designed.

You should discuss the interface with your client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for ur response...

Let me desribe my scenario in detail...

Once the purchase order is created in SAP, IDOC is generated in R/3 system. And these IDOC data I have to conevrt to some specific format and then send to thirdparty system which is Webservice enabled. Client wants us to send the attachment of IDOC data only though SOAP Receiver adapter. As soon as the thirdparty system gets the attachment it will send a response back in the form of return code. Then I need to check the value of return code in XI. And if the value of return code is less than 0, then I need to trigger error mail with error details.

Kindly help in this issue...

Thanks..

Dinesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have understood your scenario as you have already described it before.

I cannot help you writing the Java code as I do not get any pay for this.

So you have to find someone to work on your project who has enough experience.

But I rather suggest that you tell your client how PI works and how web serices should be used.

And web services should not be used to send idocs as attachments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your quick response..

This is the first time am handling Webservice scenario..

Actually I spend some time for research activities on how to implement this scenario..

And we will talk with our client about what you have posted...

But I have heard SOAP sender and receiver adapters can support attachments..

My concern here is

1. Without custom module can we create an attachment? If so send us the links.

2. In most of the links I have found that attachments are created for Mail receiver adapter..Can I use the same logic to create attachment for SOAP receiver adapter?

3. I have heard using ABAP mapping or Java proxy we can create attachments. Can I use that attachmnent to send it to webservice

4. Can I use Java mapping to create SOAP attachments?

5. Finally which is the better solution to create an attachment..a)ABAP mapping b)Custom module c)Java proxy d)Java mapping

Please advice on this as I am new to this concept...

Thanks

Dinesh