cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 4.7 migration using Veritas PDC solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to do a heterogeneous system copy.

My current environment:-

OS= IBM AIX

DB=Oracle 9i

DB size=6TB

Storage= Veritas Storage foundation suite (Portable Data Container)

Target system:-

OS=HPUX

DB=Oracle 9i

DB size=6TB

Storage= Veritas Storage foundation suite (Portable Data Container)

Instead of using SAP tool (SAPINST,migmon, R3ta) to export/import the SAP system.

Can I make use of the VERITAS -PDC solution? Whereby I will do a snapshot of the Oracle datafile.

And then do some veritas pdc conversion to HPUX . And present the datafile to HPUX (target system).

Is this supported by SAP? What is the impact if SAP say it is not supported method to do migration?

I saw a document say it is not supported, but it is dated 2005.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

CK chai

Does anyone

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have certified consultant to monitor the project as you need to have his key to execute the R/3 load migration now you can execute the project along with him.

Also go through the OS/DB guide and have a look a model plans you will get a good grasp of the project.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/osdbmigration

3rd party tools are there but if something not work out SAP will not support in that case. my recommendation use SAP tools only.

With regards,

Surojeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are an experienced SAP consultant, you can get certified by going through the guides from service market place. It also depends on the type of sysem and how much data it has and also how many custom tables you have .

If you dont have enough SAP experience, as suggested before , ceritified consultant is the right way.

Thanks!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first thing you should be aware of:

If you do heterogeneous migrations you must have a certified migration consultant on-site, otherwise you loose support for problem occurring through the migration and for the target system (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ).

The only "supported official" way is doing an R3load export and import.

You can use other ways (e. g. also transportable tablespaces with Oracle 10g) but the responsibility of doing that is in the hand of the migration consultant.

Markus