Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representation of stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a functional input for following scenario which is to be mapped

Company A produces crane components and deliver them to customer site location. At customer site, final installation is done and entire crane assembly is handed over to customer.

From project, the components can be delivered to customer site.

But the requirement is untill final assembly of crane is done, the componenets to be shown as own stock lying at customer's site.

The main problem here is, once the delivery is made from company, how to show stock at custmer site.

How to treate customer location in SAP and which documents can be processed

Request your inputs on the same

Thanks and Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For sending the stock to customer site and still recognise as individual stock you can use 'consignment' function from SD module. Discuss more about this with your SD consultant.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had thought of this option, but the consignment fill up order is wrt SO.

In our scenario, SO is used only for billing and entire stock is wrt project.

The delivery of components will be from projects.

Is the consignment process possible for project delivery??

BR / Parimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you can think of creating a storage location and identify it as customer site. Whenever material is consumed into the final assembly, issue from that location. This is the way most of the times this scenario is mapped.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Thanks a lot for your reply

I had also thought of this option as well but the problem is,

If the company and costomer site are located in different countries, moving material just across storage location by a single movement type doesnt seems to be convincing for client.

Moreover necessary documents for delivery also needs to be mappe in system (can they be mapped with movement type)

Another problem is every time we have to create new storage location for new customer which is config setting

Can there be any other option??

Please suggest from your experiences of handling complex projects

BR / Parimal