cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundling of Idocs from R3 --> XI ----> csv File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam developing above scenario to send MATMAS03 from R3 preferably with scheduler on R/3 sending collected Idocs for every hour.

I have following questions

1. After imporing Idoc metadata into repository, I exported Matmas XSD into my pc and changed to 0 to unbounded using XMLFox editor. I was re imported this XSD into external definition in repository. I did not changed anything other than

<xsd:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" name="IDOC" type="MATMAS.MATMAS03" />

When I drag and drop this structure from external definition into mapping editor its saying no message found. What am I doing wrong? I followed Michals blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Apparently Iam doing something wrong.

2. Since I need to map this Idoc into CSV File format XI XML format into CSV?

Thanx for any suggestions.

Message was edited by: Ram Krish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

<i>Since I need to map this Idoc into CSV File format XI XML format into CSV?</i>

Can you explain further what you need.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Bhavesh for quick response.

Receiving application needs in csv format. Since I map Idoc into Flat file structure, I just have to do File content conversion?. Do I have to do anything extra processing?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

You got it correct. All you need to do this Content COnversion.

Check this blog for this,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

REgards,

Bhavesh

PS : Was the XSD problem sorted out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

XSD Issue still Iam struggling. I can not edit XSD using notepad right?. All I have to do is to add maxoccurs="unbounded". I added with XMLFox freeware. It says its not a valid XSD file.

It still giving problem.

Is there any other freeware available to edit XSD ?

Message was edited by: Ram Krish

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

You can edit using Notepad.

Just open the IDOC XSD in a notepad / textpad. Make the change, import it into XI, activate it and then in your Message Type, instead of drag and drop, just use the Select button and select the XSD from the list of XSD's.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imported Idoc into pc. Edited with Notepad by adding maxOccurs="unbounded"

Then re imported into external definition. I tried to activate this definition and it threw me following exception.

Activation of the change list canceled Check result for External Definition matmasext | http://rbi.com: Document check found errors Cause: The loaded document does not contain valid XML Error when parsing XML document com.sap.aii.utilxi.xml.xdom.XDOMException$ParseError: Error when parsing the XML document (Fatal Error: com.sap.engine.lib.xml.parser.ParserException: XMLParser: Bad attribute list. Expected WhiteSpace, / or >:(:main:, row:2, col:165))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bummer...........::(((

I need to put white space before maxOccurs

Iam sorry to take your time...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Were you are able to <i>drag and drop</i> the external definition?! Well, just check under the messages tab, if you can see "External Definition" next to the source message...

"2. Since I need to map this Idoc into CSV File format XI XML format into CSV?"

Can you please elaborate your question. You will have to use content conversion to achiev a CSV file from an XML file.

Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

XSD's cannot be dragged and dropped.

WHile trying to create your Message Type, instead of drag and drop, use the selec button and then select the XSD.

Regards,

Bhavesh