cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidentally deleted smtp node in scot

john_wayne
Participant
0 Kudos

i accidentally deleted stmp node in scot and having no idea how to put it back? i tried creating a new node but the node is already exist. is there anyway to put back the node?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think It's not possible without having restoration but I hope you do have another system with same entry if not then create one with port default is 25 but need smtp server can get this from IT or from the service provider) but make sure to add email id's only which is permitted (not *).

Regards,

Salim

john_wayne
Participant
0 Kudos

what do you mean by having another server with the same config? means i can copy over the settings? i think there is another server that has the same settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you don't have to copy if your sure that other SAP system is using same node settings then take screen shot check the mail id's and configure.

Regards,

Salim

john_wayne
Participant
0 Kudos

how do i configure since the node is already been removed? so it means i take the config from the other server and then use that config to config the deleted node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you have create a new node - got to SCOT = click on INIT = go to node select Create - provide the details as per the screen shot which you have taken from the working node.

Regards,

Salim

john_wayne
Participant
0 Kudos

i cant do what you suggested because the node is deleted when trying to create there is no option to create a SMTP node

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There is always one SMTP node in each client. This node is created by the SAP system and cannot be deleted. Try to view in T-code: SCON / SCOT> View> system status ( Press F5) or Node (Press F7).

For info check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Phani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Please go through the following link. It might help you.

Regards,

Nani Chowdary