cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-RM Samples in VS (C# or VB)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forum but I am a newb to SAP and XI.

I have been tasked with writing a web service that receives information from SAP Promotiom Management for Retail (PMR). I given a WSDL file defining the interface and I successfully developed a web service and a test client that abides the WSDL.

When I gave the developers on the PMR side the URI to my service they configured XI to point to my service. After some frustrating time trying to figure out the errors that they were seeing we learned the XI expects to have a Reliable Messaging (WS-RM) wraper around the web service.

I have been doing much research but havenu2019t found very many helpful samples of a web service written in Visual Studio .NET (VS 2008 or 2010, using C# or VB) that implements WS-RM.

So I was hoping that someone here might either share a sample or point me in the right direction where I might find some help.

Thank you all for you patience and reading my request.

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm in the same situation. We are consuming web services of SAP ByD 4.0 with Visual Studio  2010 in VB.Net successfully but we are now in the situation that we have to use a web services  which with a Reliable messaging protocoll.

We are looking for an example in Visual Studio.

Do you have an example now?

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also in the same situation, I cannot find any examples of a WCF service which is configured to accept WS-RM calls. Can someone give me a hint?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not undesrtood your issue completely, but I suppose that you try to work with WS-RM adapter or you have defined a webservice with extended WS-RM handling.

Create a "normal" webservice and use SOAP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. Let me try to explain better.

I am an outside contractor working on an interface to PMR (an SAP product). The PMR team defined an interface in WSDL for transfering data from PMR via XI to my system. I have developed a web service using Visual Studio that conforms to the WSDL definition. After deploying the web service we realized that soemthing on the SAP side (PMR or possibly XI) requires that the web service use reliable messaging.

What I am trying to figure out iis how to :easily" implement reliable messaging that can be consumed by XI using Visual Studio. I figured someone on this forum was likely to have done this and migh know of an example or have some code that they can share that might help.

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know whether the Web service you are creating is asynchronous or not. I think what they expect is a delivery notification once the data reach your end.

Refer the link : http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm/ws-reliablemessaging.pdf

Regards,

Tiny

Edited by: TINY MAMPILLY on Dec 16, 2010 5:52 AM