cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data transfer using CIF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am just clueless. I am trying to transfer master data from ERP to EWM but it ain't happening. It is throwing out this error. System: P6QCLNT800 User: RFC_USER_1 12/11/2010

Function/Q/SAPAPO/CIF_LOC_INBOUND

Text: Internal error in IGS2, US. RFC: Connection Error.

Here P6QCLNT800 is the target system and RFC destination and also the logical system for SCM EWM. User is the RFC user.

All my settings and configs are right atleast as per SAP documentation for integrating EWM as an add on. I tried after disabling geocoders for US using the GEOCODERS report. Still I am getting, I have checked my RFC destination and tested my connection it is working fine in SM59. What should I do to proceed further?

I posted this in SCM LE forum but I guess this post is more suitable here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts, concerns or something that will keep me going.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For CIF connectivity

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B02_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

For CIF Data Replication

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/B05_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

I have never failed to replicate data if I follow these guides diligently.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it. This document tells me to create a RFC user with user type System. While I've created with the type communications. I followed following instructions.

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/CC/0923ABADF74C158C38F5945E4623DD/frameset.htm

Also, in my case, EWM resides in same box so I trying to configure it as an add on, can you tell does you document fit my case? anyway will try out that.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This document tells me to create a RFC user with user type System. While I've created with the type communications.

This shouldn't make much difference. When I am debugging a new implementation I will make the USERID dialogue with SAP_ALL until all connectivity problems are resolved, then change the USERID to System (I have never used communications, although I do not doubt that it works) , and take away the excess authorization. From the sound of it, the type of USERID may not be your problem.

A common problem is the case sensitivity of passwords. You usually get some kind of logon error message, though (with standalone SCM anyway). When your userid is 'dialogue', and you execute SM59, and perform a remote logon, this will tell whether logon issues are still a problem. I always set my passwords in the destination to all uppercase, since the CIF seems to capitalize PWs before it sends them across.

does your document fit my case?

Not exactly. Unfortunately, I have never set up EWM as an addon, so I can't speak from experience. The instructions in your doc seem to mostly parallel the standard SCM connectivity docs though, so most of the steps are probably the same.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok! I've a general question regarding CIF. When you activate the model, I get a message that says my queue is deregistered, then I get the above mentioned error. Is that deregistered thing usual or your model has to execute with no messages whatsoever. I am new to SCM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I always register queues. Generically when troubleshooting, you should eliminate all warnings/errors until you are satisfied with the results..

Assuming you are using inbound queues, you should register them using SMQR. If outbound queues, SMQS.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/0c/275c3c60065627e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for the info. Yes, I got it registered and I don't see the message anymore. Also, I changed all my Inbound queues to Outbound queues, guess what, I am able to replicate the date. I don't get the IGS error anymore. I don't understand the reason though, if you know, please let me know. One issue but this I believe it is to do with vendor master, I am trying to transfer a vendor over CIF, I get a error message that says no unique jurisdiction cannot be determined. Any pointers on it?

Thanks again for all your help.