cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create a CUP request initiated from the ECC backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC experts,

I am hoping to solve a problem by interrogating the HR and SAP users tables in the ECC backend, and then in some cases, creating CUP provisioning requests to delimt specific user roles. I am not aware of any functionality that allows creation of requests other than HR triggers or manual data entry. (HR triggers do not satisfy our need as we are doing direct provisioning, so we must explicitly specify roles in the request. )

Has anyone done this before? Any ideas.

Thanks,

Yvonne Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Yvonne,

if you're willing to code (and I guess you are, lloking at what you're writing) you can use the CUP Submit Request web service (described in the Configuration guide) to initiate requests from ABAP. Sending requests is rather straightforward.

Kind regards,

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Can you point me to the correct documentation? I am not finding it in the Access Control Configuration document.

Thanks in advance,

Yvonne

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In my versioon it's in chapter 8, "Access Control and Identity Manager Integration".

Go to the web services navigator and look for AEWFRequestSubmissionService_5_2

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

That is a whole new chapter that did not exist in my downloaded copy from last Spring. Anyway, I am thinking that we have to be using IDM to take advantage of these web services. Is that correct?

Yvonne

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, why don't you go to service marketplace and get a more current one, then?

And you absolutely do not need IdM - these web services can be consumed by any application, a few lines of ABAP should suffice.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Frank. Of course, I downloaded the latest version. I am just expressing surprise at how much was added since my last download (100 pages). Anyway, I will take your advice and see if I can get the web service to work for me.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Start with the test option in web service explorer to find out which items you need in the request.

Roles must still be imported in CUP. You'll need about the exact same configuration in CUP like for manual requests, the web service will basically just fill out the request form.

Frank.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yvonne,

I am not aware of any functionality using which you can create CUP request from ECC. HR trigger is the only one which could allow you to trigger a request from back-end system.

Regards,

Alpesh