cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a default dashboard layout in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Portfolio & Project dashboards provide the user with the option of customizing their dashboards (portfolio item, project, task, initiatve etc) by clicking settings and saving the changes as a view. Is there a way to globally define the dashboard layouts and views? In customizing I can control the list of allowed fields, however, could not find a way to globaly change the "standard view".

Thanks,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

The task dashboard in PPM 5.0 allows to confirm tasks directly via an included task confirmation screen.

Unfortunately it's not possible to determine this link via the NWBC navigation role in order to set a default layout. Do you maybe know how to get this link?

Thanks!

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan!

Yes, you can do it by accessing the PPM in Admin Mode. I am not sure if you can do it in any PPM version, but you can surely do it in 5.0.

Basically, what you have to do is:

1) Go to T-code SE80;

2) Select the Web Dynpro Application related to the dashboard you want to configure (double click on it);

3) In the upper left corner of the window, select the menu Web Dynpro Application --> Test --> In Browser - Admin Mode;

4) Go ahead and create the layout you want. It will be globally available.

Using this method, you are also able to configure many other things...

As an example, try to configure the Portfolio Items Dashboard:

1) SE80;

2) Select the package INM_UI_WD;

3) Expand the Web Dynpro Application node;

4) Select "INM_WORKCENTER_APP" (double click on it);

5) In the upper left corner of the window, select the menu Web Dynpro Application --> Test --> In Browser - Admin Mode;

6) Create the layout you want.

Hope the tips are useful for you!

Regards,

Ivanna Vilela

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing: you don´t have to be a developer to do it!

Regards,

Ivanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ivanna, this was very helpful and I was able to change the Portfolio Item dashboard. In general is there any easy way to figure out the package and the Web Dynpro application?

I am trying to figure out how I can change the layout of most of the portfolio management dashboards such as Initiative, Bucket and Reviews. I also want to customize some of the Project Management dashboards such as Projects, Tasks and Approvals. When I right click on a dashboard and check "more field help", I get INM_WORKCENTER_APP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to edit the Portfolio Management releated dashboards by adding IV_OBJ_TYPE_R as URL parameter. For example, if I want the bucket dashboard I need to add &IV_OBJ_TYPE_R=RBH to the end of the URL.

Only issue now is, I could not figure out how to do this for the Project Management dashboards/workcenters such as Projects, Tasks and Approvals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! I didn't know this tip about the URL.

Well, I'm sorry to say that I don't know an easy way to identify the Package and Application Web Dynpro to do certain configurations. I just keep searching untill I find the ones I need. What I can say is that I have already identified some interesting packages. Here they follow:

RPM_UI_WD

/RPM/UI_WD --> Among other things, this package contains a few Applications Web Dynpro for some dashboards.

INM_UI_WD

APB_FPM_CORE

DEVELOPMENT_PROJECTS_UI_WD --> This package contains the Application Web Dynpro CPROJECTS_FPM, which leads to the main view of the project. Very useful! I think that the similar Application in versions 4.0 and 4.5 is CPROJECTS.

Keep whatching this thread. If I find any other interesting information, I'll let you know.

Have fun!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ivanna, would be great if we can figure out the project management dashboards too. I am on v5.0 as well and it is certainly a lot more fun than earlier versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were you able to figure out the Project Management application to set the Project Management dashboard (including Project, Task, Approval etc.).

Also, in a project, when you are in a task and get to the table view, a user can customize his settings/layouts for the task (table). How can we set it globally.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have the same requirement to se up the global view for the project management dashboard.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Start transaction PFCG, open your PFCG role with NWBC navigation menu defined (standard delivery is SAP_BRP_PPM).

Goto tab "menu", expand the structure, select the node for the dashboard you want to configure. Right mouse click, choose optioin "Details" -> pop-up appears. In the pop-up, choose button "Execute" - "Customizing/Configuration".

In general, please see also:

SAP Note 1574818 describes what to do if you want to copy/change/create FPM configurations (Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP) for SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0.