cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have typical situation. One transport did not migrate completely. It migrated only the Dictionary objects & activated it, no further action in the log, also rest of the object did not import to the target system. The same TR has been imported fully to rest of the system. There was no error message as well.

The TR log for this shows as below

Selection for Import 12/11/2010 14:04:39 (0) Successfully Completed

Import ABAP Dictionary Objects 12/12/2010 00:00:23 (0) Successfully Completed

ABAP Dictionary Activation 12/12/2010 00:00:26 (4) Ended with Warning

Where as the log of other systems are as follows

Selection for Import 12/11/2010 13:41:20 (0) Successfully Completed

Import ABAP Dictionary Objects 12/11/2010 23:40:51 (0) Successfully Completed

ABAP Dictionary Activation 12/11/2010 23:40:54 (4) Ended with Warning

Import 12/11/2010 23:41:17 (0) Successfully Completed

Check Versions 12/11/2010 23:41:51 (0) Successfully Completed

Generation of Programs and Screens 12/11/2010 23:42:00 (0) Successfully Completed

So in the above one the Import Step did not start at all.

Have anyone came across such issue.

System Details :

Kernel : 700 SP Level : 238

DB : DB6 8.1

Basis Support Package Level : 17

Regards,

Sanujit

Edited by: Sanujit Purohit on Dec 14, 2010 12:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the version for few programs in source and trarget systems? Any errors in Tp system logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

1.this simply means request is not imported in system

2. since it shows activation step with warnings only it should have gone to further step by itself and imported

still you can just check the logs for what all warning it has given

3. also check overall log for that perticular request and you can get why it has not gone beyond

here you can select the request again and import if possible if you can not find much info

Hope this helps

Success!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your response..

@ Imran - This is a common warning, whenever you migrate a dictionary objects, so i don't think we should count on that (the warning is : W- Enhancement category for include or subtype missing)

@Sunil - This version of all the reports inside the TR did not import, I have checked it with version compare. There is no error specific to this TR in SLOG, however, there was one more TR which has failed while DD activation at the sametime.

@Ganesh - Re-importing will resolve my issue and has resolved as well. My concern is why did it happen. This will now force me to check the logs of each and every TRs being migrated. And each month we transport around 200 transports.

Regards,

Sanujit

Edited by: Sanujit Purohit on Dec 15, 2010 12:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>however, there was one more TR which has failed while DD activation at the sametime.

Myou were importing multiple transports in one go and one transport failed in DDIC Activation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Yes. And I think I got a pattern now, there were 10 TRs transported at the same time 3 were having DD objects, all 3 went for activation at the same time and one failed. and Import step did not start for these 3 TRs, rest of the 7 TRs got migrated with no issues.

Probably this is the way it works, not sure. You have any info on this.

Regards,

Sanujit

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanujit,

We had a same problem with one of our system, where raise the OSS with SAP as we where facing this problem with production system. After analyses SAP came to conclusen that it is a bug of SAP binary ile. TP and R3trans.

They suggested us to upgrade both the binary with latest patch level.

Strange, our problem got resolved after upgrading the binary, will suggest you to try this.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anil,

Let me take it up with SAP.

Regards,

Sanujit

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanujit,

the logs for the other system indicate 'ABAP dictionary activation' ended with warning. Could you please expand the logs and provide us the detail of both integrated & consolidation system.

as per the logs 'ABAP dictionary activation' ended with warning in both the system so the change request status should be the same.

Regards,