Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cleaning up Old systems or marking obsolete after upgrade

Hello there,

We have 80+ systems in our landscape. We have SAP R3 4.7 Enterprise to ECC 6.0 installations. We have BW systems. We have PI systems....

We just went through an upgrade of our oldest system that was 4.6C. We had manually placed these systems in the SLD. I have deleted the old 4.6C systems from the SLD but how to clean these systems out of Solution Manager? The SLD fed this system information to our Solution Manager so I can not update the system in SMSY because it is marked as the Source being SLD.

This system was in a Logical component and in Projects.

I see in the gateway logs that Solution Manager is still trying to talk to this system. How can I stop all the obsolete systems that we want to keep for documentation purposes in the projects and in the old logical components but tell Solution Manager not to monitor or try to get information from this system.

We have other instance where we bring up and sandbox and now the sandbox is gone.... so we are accumulating quite a mess in solution manager with out knowing a way to retire a system.

Thanks for your assistance.

Deidre Logan

replied

Hello,

If your objective is to limt RFC erorrs in teh Gateway, have you remvoed the old RFC conenctions?

If they are there, even if there is no system at the other end, the RFC's will be used, and because Solution Manager is

connected to the gateway when it tries to use it for RFC conenctiosn to systems that don't exist, you will get the errors on

the gateway. But if you remove the RFC's you will not get these errors. However you will get other errors because an expected RFC will now be missing.

WHy don't you explore these two links, as you may find there are better solutions for what you are wanting to do.

http://service.sap.com/saptao

http://service.sap.com/testing

Regards,

Paul

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question