cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trave Management Confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am new to Travel Management. I have some doubts where i need clarification.

1. We have Expense type which we have decided not to use further.

Expense Type-Laundry

Start Date- 01.01.207

End Date- 31.12.9999

Amount-xxx

when i am trying to delimt it ask me start date, and it take end date default 31.12.9999 and not givinng me option to change it.

is there ant other way i can delimit the expense type.

2. In pr05 when i select trip schema "one day domestic trip" input required in followings field

As is

Start Date- Required

End Date- No Entry possible

Start Time -optional

End Time- Optional

To Be (Requirement)

End Date- Optionla

Start Time- Required

End Time- Required

For this i make configuration changes in spro under

Financial Accounting>Travel Managemet>Dailog and Travel Expense control>Define schema and individual field control

here i select the required trip provision variant then select trip schema then selecte return value according to feature TRVFD>

Travel Manger(Travel Expense Only)>General trip Data>General trip data subscreen> End Date for trip segement-PTP02-DATB1

and chaged from standar to Alternative display type Field Visible & Field ready for input

same i am doing for Begning time & End Time.

But no changes brought in and in PR05 the field is as before. I don't know i am doing it right or not.

Please suggest how i can do the changes.

Best Regards

Josh Joshi

Edited by: josh_josh26 on Dec 13, 2010 6:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Once we assign an end date, we will not be able to change it. You can read that in the help available for the node.

2)The path you have followed is correct, additionally, also select "Entry in Field is Required". This will ensure that the field is mandatory.

thanks and regards,

anit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anit,

Thanks for yur suggestion.

On your reply to query no 1, is there any way by which i can ristrict the expense type to use further.

On your reply on query no 2, my problem is that after saving the configuration i am not getting changes and when executing PR05 screen showing same as it were earlier.

Best Regards

Josh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 1, remove the values maintained in the expense permisibility field. The effect would be that, none of the employess will be able to view the expense type.

For 2, maintain it for Travel expense manager too. PR05 is linked to the setting done in the travel expense manager option and not the Travel manager (travel expense only).

Thanks and regards,

anit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the issue been resolved? were you able to restrict the use of expense type?

thanks and regards,

anit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anit

For Issue No.1 I think it can be possible also by selecting the expense type which I want to delimit and create a copy of it. When I click the copy button here system asks me both the start and end date. I will put end date 31.12.2010 and that save it. Now I can delete the original expense type whose end date is 31.12.2010.

Is it right way of doing? If I delimit the expense type from 31.12.2010 and if we have any unapproved open trip which created on 25.12.2010 which have this expense type as a line item, can it get approved after 31.12.2010 say on 15.01.2011 and entry in account will be posted.

Issue Issue no. 2 Now issue has been resolved. Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards

Bipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

I tried what you have thought. But when i copied and defined a new validity, it copies to the old expense type only with a new interval. I am not too sure how the system will behave on this. But i think you should go ahead try the same.

I know for sure that if i make the expense permisibility as blank, the expense types do not come as an option for the employees to select and book expense.

Do let me know if it works or not.

thanks and regards,

anit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anit

Thanks a lot for your effort. I will check both the solution and will inform you.

I will be highly obliged if you can suggest me on one more issue.

Issue is that when you click deduction tab in PR05 you get boxes for deduction for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner and user have to tick the boxes accordingly. Currently boxes are blank but my requirement is that they should be active (means all boxes should be default ticked) and user has to take action if he have not availed the free meals. Like if he has taken only free breakfast but not Lunch & Dinner that he has to go in deduction tab and has to remove the tick in lunch & dinner boxes.

Is it possible through spro. I tried to do it by changing in field u201CDeduction for dinner Invitation PTK04-ABENDu201D u201CDeduction for free breakfast-PTK04-FRSTKu201D and u201CDeduction for free lunch-PTK04-MITAGu201D and here I am selecting Alternate display type, and ticking field is visible, field is ready for input. But I am not getting default ticked boxes in deduction tab.

I thought if I put default value X in input field, might be I can get the default ticked boxes but that filed is grayed out.

Please suggest me how can I do this.

Thanks a lot again for your help.

Thanks & Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bipin,

Since the client where i am currently working has not implemented travel management, i am not able to do any testing. But as you said, the field is greyed out and i am not able to change that.

thanks and regards,

anit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anit,

I am highly obiliged for the effort and time you have put in finding out the solutoin.

As i told you about new issue if you find any solution on this will be great help for me.

Thnaks & Regards

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to use the expense type while creating expense, remove the expense from the trip schema.

Restrict travel expense type to trip schema.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All

Thanks for your support. Issue has been resolve.

For Issue no 1 you can delimit in two way.

1st open the expense type which you want to delimt and click copy option. Here you can put End date of your wish. Another way is to delimit the expense type, now you get two entry the Old one and the new one. Now select the new one and delete it.

For Issue No.2.

I wrote to SAP and according to them it is standard configuration & can not be change through configuration. For this i change it through ABAP coding.

For my third query regarding default ticked of Deduction box , this is solve by change in ABAP coding as SAP replied that it is standard and canu2019t be change through normal config change

Thanks & Best Regards

Bipin Tiwari

Answers (0)