cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear the Tariff Code Numbers uploaded by XML?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm experimenting with upload of the XML files from dataprovider in GTS.

I have uploaded too many Tariff numbers and do not want users to have the full catalogue of codes, only the ones they will use.

Is there a way of clearing all Tariff codes from a Numbering scheme? The only way I have found so far is through config: delete the numbering scheme and re create it. But it's hardly parctical...

Thanks for any advice.

Philip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about don't upload the XML file. Then you could manually enter the codes.

Don't quite understand the business reason to limit having the full list of codes available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have ~1.5M materials and use codes from 33* to 96* on the numbering system. manual is simply not an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, you dont want to delete the numberscheeme if there are umbers assigned, I dont even think the System would let you.

The easyest way is to implement the note 1230812 which will allow you to edit the uploaded content, and then you can delete all you want without breaking anything. Just remember that the system will not let you delete any Tarif number that is assigned to a product or contained in a document. If you have the number in a document you must go change it in there. If you delete the document you won't be able to change it anymore and that is when it starts to get messy.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, so it looks like our users just have to get it right at upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philip,

as Marc already pointed out commodity codes which are already used wont be deleted because that would lead to data inconsistency. But the rest which is not used can be deleted easily.

Only you need is to set your commodity code scheme as "created manually" (even though was uploaded via xm or txt).

Write small report which will update table entries /SAPSLL/CTSNUM field CRECO to "A0" and table entries /SAPSLL/CTSGEN field CRECO to "A0" for your scheme.

Than just go to /SAPSLL/LLNS_102 and select you scheme and just delete what is needed.

Cheers,

Gabriel.

Answers (0)