cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked port on Structural Exceptions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am getting the problem in importing due to blocked for port Structural Exceptions

When I am going to fix it in import manager xml file move to archive from Structural Exceptions

Again next xml file goes to Structural Exceptions.

Can any one help on this.

Regads,

raghu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghava,

Please check SAP Note # 1490550 - "Import fails in exception folder but OK in Import Manager".

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi and Siva,

Thanks for replay,

After fix all exceptions thru import manager all are processed successfully .

But now new problem persist automatic import not working xml files still in ready folder but no xml files in exception.

can you help on this.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the MDM server logs to make sure that the Import Server is properly connecting and attempting to pick up the files.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Please go to Console and for that Port, change the Status (It should not show as Blocked)

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for reply,

I checked the status it is not blocked status is Has data.

but when i am importing thru port xml file successfuly moving from Ready folder to Archive but automaitc is not hapining.

in console processing type is automatic only.

can any one help.

Regards,

Raghu.

Edited by: mraghava on Dec 14, 2010 12:45 PM

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Please refer the below SAP notes.

Note 1006149 - Files in the Ready folder are not loaded with Import Server

Note 1413912 - Import Server does not work automatically

Please check what the log file says.

Make sure ALL the files in the Exception folder are removed

If nothing helps, try restarting MDIS.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do following changes and check for this

1. In the port definition, check the parameter for Blocked on structural exception. It should be set to No.

Going forward, even if one of the import files are in structural exception, it will not block the port for other files getting imported. You will be left with only few files to handle the exception.

If you do not want to opt for above option, then as and when the exceptions occur and you finish working with the rectification of exception, go to file systems and remove the exception files manually.

2. Even after the import is not happening when the port sttus shows no Exception and hass data, check the import server. Since your import is automiatic in nature, only possibility here is Import server not running properly.

3. If you are getting the Intermittant and unprecedented import server outages even after you are restarting, contact your system admin team to check if your import process is overlapping with any other server process for example Syndication is also running for the same table data to which you are importing. Try to cleanse the schedule of such jobs in MDM.

4. If you are getting too many repeated structural exceptions of one type of data, I would suggest to check the code at the source system which generates source files for import and rectify the code as per the correct schema thereon.

Hope the above points will help you tackle the issue with exception.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti/ Rahul,

Thanks for reply

The problem is MDIS national port is displaying the zero can any one help how to resolve it.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

sorry I did not get your point correctly. What do you mean by the MDIS national port display 0?

Is it a Port setting you are talking about? or the setting in MDIS.ini?

Please provide the input.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Issue resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu.

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Great Raghav..

Could you please put some light on how you solved it? Never came across this problem.

Thanks,

Priti

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

Please check the log file generated in the esception parent folder, it may contain information why the file has structural exceptions.

Otherwise you can try comparing the failed xml message with the schema used to find the difference.

Hope this helps-Ravi