cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CUP - Email Notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I configured the workflows and now im trying to configure the email notifications . When ever the request goes to each stage system automatically sending a mail to the approver at the next stage . The mail is with blank subject and just with an attachment named C.html. When i open the attachment i can see the URL 'View' . If i click the URL i was taken to the request that i am supposed to take action . What i want is to make the mail look nice By adding some text in the Subject and in the Body with the request number etc just like the email config that we do at each stage . But this automatic mails that the system sending are not part of this configuration , this email notification is different . What the client wants to have the approvers able to access the requests via emails and action on them without actually logging into GRC . We have the GRC connected to the portal with Single Sign on .Can you help with the best practices and your expereinces related to email notifications .

Regards

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

You can configure email text by going in the change mode for that particular stage and click on 'Next Approver' tab under notification. Every approver has to log in to GRC to approve or reject the request. You can set up 'approve by email' and 'reject by email' in that particular stage but it will still ask the approver to login to the tool.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

Thanks for the reply . But i am talking about the emails that are sent to the approver at a particular stage who should take action . I dont see the email notification config at the stage have any impact on these emails .

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

That is the email I am talking about. Click on 'Next approver' tab. This email gets sent to approver when they need to take action in that particular stage. The wording 'Next approver' doesn't seem right but that is what it does.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply alpesh . That solves my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh

I still have the issue with the attachment. The email message in body is sent as an attachment file rather than as a message. Any ideas ? thanks

Regards

Prasad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by mistake i marked as answered where as i have a small portion of my question still unanswered

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the version and SP of CUP? I have never seen attachment with the email. I am still using SP10 and may be this is a new feature in SP13 or so.

Regards,

Alpesh

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Maybe it's a weird SMTP server that mistakes the email MIME type as an attachment?