cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting passwords for pdf document generated by SAP system

0 Kudos

We are generating PDF documents from SAP system and distributing them as email attachment. just want to know if anyhow we can enforce the password protection while generating these documents or may be setting the password protection before distribution. If yes, then what are the requirements/essentials for the same?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

If I have ADS server which is integrated with SAP then what I have to do for set password for PDF file? Either do ABP coding or ADS configuration for set password ?

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a way, to achive this with JobProfiles. I am going to create a wiki on this. Stay tuned.... I will update you as soon as it is ready.

Best regards,

Dezso

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct "secured" way of password protecting PDF documents, however you can have make complete form hidden unless user enters "static" password you set in form.

Since this question has been asked and answered here earlier please make use of Search option for detailed work around on this.

0 Kudos

Thank you Chintan.

I am aware that this question has been already asked, and I have searched all the related blogs as well. I have an idea of one way is to accomplish using Adobe Policy Server.

I have two followup questions.

1. Is there any OSS Note on the same issue where it has been published by SAP that it can only be ensured using third party solutions? If yes, may I have the link?

2. May I have the more elabortaion on the way you mentioned in your reply?

Thank you.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is there any OSS Note on the same issue where it has been published by SAP that it can only be ensured using third party solutions? If yes, may I have the link?

I have no clue on this i.e. whether we can integrate Adobe Policy Server. My understanding was in it's current state it is NOT possible to have secured PDF Forms.

2. May I have the more elaboration on the way you mentioned in your reply?

Well what you can do is hide all the elements in the form and keep only a TextField visible. Now write a script and check the value entered in the TextField. If it matches with the default password you want to set then make the form visible else display error prompt back to user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this below link from Adobe, it discuss about dynamic passwords, hope this might help you.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/hashing_forms.html

Cheers,

Sai