cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Logical System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC Experts:

I am currently defining my RAR landscape strategy. In the past, I have used logical systems for the same "type" of system. For example, we had 3 ECC environments so I created a logical system for the 3 ECC systems.

Now we have 1 ECC, 1 APO and 1 SRM system. Are there any benefits of setting up a logical system within this landscape? I would imagine there are some benefits with creating a logical system and assigning the BASIS risks to that system because the risks exist across the different environments. But are there any others?

Thank you,

Grace Rae

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a query,,,

We need dash board with out BI or BO or DS... on ECC.

Please suggest

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace,

I will suggest you go with three different physical system.

Logical system is useful when you are defining same ruleset for say 5 ECC boxes.

regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace, Logical Systems would be an optimal design if you need to add more systems in the future to the GRC landscape to perform Risk analysis.

Logical System 1: ECC Logical System

All the ECC Physical Systems (PR1, PR2, etcu2026)

Function Authorizations to be uploaded are r3_function_actions and r3_function_permissions files which excludes the Basis Functions

Logical System 2: SRM Logical System

All the SRM physical Systems (PS1, PS2, etc...)

Function Authorizations to be uploaded are srm_function_actions and srm_function_permissions

Logical System 3: APO Logical System

All the APO physical Systems (PA1, PA2, etc...)

Function Authorizations to be uploaded are apo_function_actions and apo_function_permissions

Logical System 4: ALL Systems

All the physical systems (PR1, PR2, PS1, PS2, PA1, PA2....)

Function Authorizations to be uploaded are just the Basis Function Actions and permissions

Bugesh