Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM: How can I control the authorization for accessing a specific documen

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query which goes like this.

As per my understanding, a requester can only create a change document, Change Manager can only approve the change document, developer can log into the backend system (along with other actions) and implement changes into the system.

So far What I have done is, I used one User id which SAP_ALL profile, created a BP for that and run some of the actions for Normal and Urgnt corrections. However, I could not separately test the same thing using different users ids like Requester, Change Manager, Developer, Tester and so on.

How I can control this types of authorization in CHARM?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

authorizations in ChaRM are set per user status with authorization object B_USERSTAT.

So if a requester is only to create a change document, he should be assigned only the status value for "New".

The change manager should get the status value for "Apporved" and so forth.

Regards,

Christoph

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I really appreciate it. This means to say, if I want to control authorization for any user, I need to first give access to TCODE CRMD_ORDER and then further control is managed by authorization object B_USERSTAT?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

yes you got it right.

This authorization applies for status changes only, though.

If you do not want users to see or open tickets, you have to implement the following BADIs:

CRM_ORDER_AUTH_CHECK for opening a ticket in CRMD_ORDER

CRM_DNO_MONITOR for showing a ticket in CRM_DNO_MONITOR result list

Regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)