cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax code entry in sales order item conditions from excel template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I have a requirement , in which tax code in sales order item conditions should be determined from an excel template.

A Z transaction will fetch values from the template & create sales order in which tax code will be detrmined from the template only, irrespective of the value maintained in condition records.

Kindly suggest the way, how this can be implemented. Currently tax code field in item conditions of sales order is greyed out and hence cann't be maintained directly in sales order.

Is there any user exit which can take values from excel template & populate tax code in sales order, bypassing condition records?

Thanks in advance,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I don't understand why you want to read tax code from excel, bcoz what ever criteria you are trying to determine the tax code from excel sheet you can build a condition table and arrive at the appropriate tax code with condition technique.

Just think, if you some how achieve to get the tax code to pick up from the excel sheet, what will happen if you want to change the order after few days or create a subsequent document? the system will try to read the record from the condition records and may go for a toss.

My opinion is, suggest the user/business to use the condition technique and build your condition tables with all possible options and arrive at the tax rate and tax code.

If you still want to go ahead with bespoke develpoment, request you to further specify your requirment so that someone can help you.

I don't think it is the right idea to reinvent the wheel again.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, this excel template is already in place which is used for creating sales order. We have to include an additional field in this template for tax code which will determine tax in sales order, bypassing the condition record.

The tax code field in item conditions in sales order is disabled, currently. Can it be made editable?

Please suggest, if this can be achieved in some way.

Thanks & Best Regards

Vimal

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At times you need to convince the users that in certain cases, they need to adopt to SAP environment and sacrifice the liberty of enjoying with legacy system.

As already indicated, it is not advicable to fetch the tax code from excel. Always, it should be from SAP with combination whatever you want. Try to convince the client.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi