cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger AS2 Adapter: "MDN not signed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we just updated our test system from XI 3.0 to PI 7.1. Now we are facing a problem with our Seeburger AS2 Adapter.

I sent out a message via AS2 and get the follwing error message in Seeburger AS2 Monitor:

"MDN not signed"

In the Receiver Communication Channel I checked the Option "Sign MDN". In XI 3.0 this Scenario was working perfectly. So I contacted our communication partner and asked them if our AS2 message really contained a request for a signed MDN. Our commnucation partner confirmed and sent the MDN as text file to me. This text file shows that the MDN is signed. So it seems that the Seeburger AS2 adapter does not notice that the received MDN is a signed one. But why? Do you have an idea?

Just for testing purposes I unchecked the "Signe MDN" option. In this case the transmission finished successfully.

Who can help?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vkaushik82
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Check below article page number 7 .Also check proposed changes how we can overcome this problem.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d095b2df-9fa3-2d10-568b-d12d99828c33

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vikrant,

many thanks for your reply. But I am not sure if we are really facing the same issue as you described it in your article.

Currently we have this situation:

When I send out a message the Seeburge Workbench provides only the following error message:

"MDN not signed"

Via the Recovery Monitor I can check the received MDN. Here I can see that the MDN is signed and positive.

In the Runtime Workbench I checked the following:

1. In the Message Monitor (Adapter engine) the message is in status "System Error". Here are the details:

Message could not be forwarded to the JCA adapter. Reason: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received., SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received.

Adapter Framework caught exception: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received., SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received.

Delivering the message to the application using connection AS2_http://seeburger.com/xi failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received., SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received..

2. The Communication Channel Monitor shows the following error messages:

Error type: REPORT_ERROR >> Error date: 12/14/10 12:02 PM >> Description: MDN not signed [12/14/10 12:02 PM]

Message processing failed. Cause: javax.resource.ResourceException: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received., SEEBURGER AS2: Negative synchron MDN received.

I do not understand why the MDN is recognized as negative and unsigned even if the plain text version of the MDN shows that it is signed and positive.

In your article you recommend to create a sender communication channel for MDN and a corresponding sender agreement. We already did that in XI 3.0 to forward the MDN as STATUS IDOC to SAP ECC.

Maybe you have an additional idea?

Thanks

Michaek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

When we had patched our systems in XI, we got many problems associated with seeburger.

There might be some patches that needs to be updated by Seeburger also.

I would contact Seeburger for checking the same since it was working for you when you were xi.3.0.

Regards

Krish