cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS - concurrent or sequential?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I would like to understand how the BLS works.

Is the BLS runs sequential or concurrently?

For example a BLS is still running, and this BLS is being called again. Will MII create a new thread for theBLS or MII will wait for the first-same BLS to finish up and start the BLS again????

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And do you know the maximum thread for a BLS?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Seng,

Sorry I do not know the answer. I think you want to know how many threads can be created for the same transaction, correct?

If no one responds shortly, I will try to research the answer further or direct someone who might know to take a look.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thank you and appreciate your time. Any news on this?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are starting to run into vacations for the end of the year. I will see who is around who might have an idea.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The java threads are managed and governed by NetWeaver.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is more information here: [Threads|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/c2/261a403233dd5fe10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

I think you really need a Basis or NW techie for better information.

Good luck!

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thank you for your help and supports.

This means the number of threads are configurable (I assume it).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will talk to our NW administrator regarding to this topic

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Dec 20, 2010 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I have found out very interesting insight. Based on this forum thread I have asked

I tested in detail to see how transactions threads really work.

-When a main transaction is running, the scheduler will not start the transaction again untill the previous transaction is done/finished/stop. The next transaction starts on the next scheduled interval. The reason is that main transaction is running synchronous mode.

If you need to run a transaction parallely, you need to schedule more than one scheduler to point to the same transactions. The other possibility is to call this transaction as sub-transaction. The main transaction can call the sub-transaction asychronous and spawn new tread when the main transaction finished. The problem that I see is when I call subtransaction ayschnronously, the sub-transaction stays running. Do not know why.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the new thread is created when you make the asynchronous call, not when the calling transaction finishes. Once a transaction is called asynchronously it runs independently of the calling transaction. And think carefully about when an asynchronous call is made and what objects are being processed. You can very easily find yourself in a table locking situation.

I welcome more technically oriented folks to comment as I based my comments on observation of behavior, not indepth development knowledge.

A common use of an asynchronous call is for logging messages. The messages are not critical to the main processing flow and performance is not dependent upon the logging transaction.

Regards,

Mike