Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Change log

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI folks,

I have activated change log for a custom table but I am unable to see the changes in SCU3. System parameter rec/client is configured fine.

Table DATA class is APPL1 size cat. 0 There is no maintainenace view This table is updated from a custom report.

Pls advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the table logging doesn't work because the assignment of your table to an authorization group is missing (because you didn't define a maintenance dialog).

So, in order to solve your issue, you have to create an entry for your table in the view view V_DDAT_54 via SM30.

For more information check the following OSS note:

[Note 323636 - Log analysis: Table is not in authorization group|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/323636]

Regards,

Andrea

Edited by: Andrea Olivieri on Dec 15, 2010 2:59 PM

7 REPLIES 7

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check directly in table DBTABLOG for the TABLE name? Are there any entries? If yes, try all different options of SCU3 and see if any of them works. If not, then let's investigate further.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I checked in the table entries are there but nothing is displayed in SCU3. Even I am able to see changes in AUT10.

Regards

Nishant Gupta

0 Kudos

So DBTABLOG has entries but SCU3 is not showing them, and you tried all options like "table" instead of "customzing object", all output options, and the selected period is also correct?

Sorry, no further idea at this point. Try debugging SCU3 to find the problem.

Thomas

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the table field's data elements. There must be flag "Change Document" set in "Further Characteristics".

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Klaus, this is a widespread misunderstanding, this checkbox is only effective for creation of change documents in CDHDR/CDPOS, but not for table logging in DBTABLOG.

Thomas

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the table logging doesn't work because the assignment of your table to an authorization group is missing (because you didn't define a maintenance dialog).

So, in order to solve your issue, you have to create an entry for your table in the view view V_DDAT_54 via SM30.

For more information check the following OSS note:

[Note 323636 - Log analysis: Table is not in authorization group|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/323636]

Regards,

Andrea

Edited by: Andrea Olivieri on Dec 15, 2010 2:59 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Thanks a lot for your responses.

Andrea , you are right, it works!!!

Thanks once again.

Regards

Nishant Gupta