cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Updates & SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We're currently running our SAP Applications on Windows 2008/Oracle and are attempting to define a Software Maintenance schedule.

From an SAP Support Package/Enhancement Pack perspective, this is relatively straight forward to do - as there is a known release pattern from SAP.

It's also straight forward from an Oracle perspective, as these patches can be added into the SAP maintenance strategy.

However, it is more difficult to determine when to apply Windows updates to those servers hosting our SAP applications.

This is because we host such a large number of non-SAP applications running on Windows too, and that these updates are 'owned' and driven by a seperate team.

My questions are:

Is there an area within the SAP Marketplace or SDN where I can find out about Windows Updates and their effect on SAP? (I can't find one)

How have you handled Windows Updates and SAP?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

From the notes that you provided, it seems that SAP recomends that Windows Patches and Updates are applied, but don't elaborate too much beyond that point.

I've noticed that there is some support for troublesome DLLs too.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Chris

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can ceck this two important notes :

Note 663621 - Support of Microsoft hotfixes with Windows update

Note 30478 - Windows Service Packs

Antonio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check note 1525654 - FAQ Supported patches and approved security updates (Definitive Software Library) for Microsoft Windows Server: