cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chaRM, CTS+ and Qgate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have some questions regarding chaRM, CTS+ and Qgate.

1)

I was wondering if it is possible to implement chaRM without configuring CTS? The reason being that we only have ABAP system, so we do not need CTS. Or should we regardless of only having ABAP objects to transport implement CTS+?

2)

We have also been looking at Qgate, but found the transport handling in it insufficient, that is why we turned to chaRM. But we liked the quality part of Qgate though.

I have been told that chaRM also includes the Qgate mechanics for securing quality, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I believe it is not possible to install ChaRM without configuring CTS+ regardless of whether you only have an ABAP stack and ABAP transports. The reason is that ChaRM relies on the underlying transport system to manage advanced functionality such as transport of copies and automatic trigger and relase of transport requests. End users do not have to manage this.

Also, at the moment, quality gate is a form of ChaRM light where you free form control of the status of your change process and a higher level view of the entire release approach.

ChaRM therefore provides stricter quality controls and rigid workflow that you can tailor. However, you cannot implement both.

In the next version of SAP Solution Manager 7.1, ChaRM and quality gates are far more integrated and it will be possible to utilise both.

Regards,

-Rohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

Thank you for clearing that up for med. It actually helped a lot!

Regards,

Kenneth

Answers (0)