cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIP & FI Actual post billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have few posting done through Transaction code trip and few transaction posted via Finance module assigning sales order as the cost object.

The requirement is the cost posted to the sales order should be billed back to the customer in the month end through billing.

Iu2019m Finance consultant and need help on how this can be achieved in SD. I tried using EK01 condition type, assigning DIP profile to the line item and executed DP90 but I got an error message u201CYou cannot process the billing plan in document XXXu201D Message no. DPBP004.

It would be of great help if some one explains the step by step configuration or the concept on how this can be achieved.

Thanks in advance

Chandru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be helpful if you explain this scenario with an example.

As I understood, Cost posted from Sales transactions i.e. through PGI where COGS account get triggered. the same amount has to billed to the customer via SD billing.

if yes, you would have created billing for initial transactions, if you are using ECC 6.0 wrt: previour billing document you can directly create Debit/Credit memo ( VF01).

to achieve your requirement, maintain different pricing procedure for Cr/Dr memo which is copy of billing pricing procedure ,add another cond type as price ( in which fetch the values of VPRS-cost cond type copied fromMMR using routine)

ABAP assistance may needed in designing the logic.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin

Thank for your response

We are using ECC 5.0. The requirements is,

1)Employee travel expenses have to be billed back to the customer in the month end - For this in travel expense instead of assigning a cost center to the Trip. I went with assigning a sales order to travel expenses (t.code TRIP) so that the travel expense will be settled to the sale order and then it would billed back to the customer in the month end.

Note: Its only the actual cost that will be billed and there want be any charges(like % of profit etc) that will be billed to the customer

2)There are few assets/services that will be purchased for the customer and the customer will not pay it in full instead will billed partly

Eg : Asset value 100000 will be billed to the customer in 48 installments.

Could you please explain in detail on how the pricing procedure has to be configured and what are the other customizations that have to be done to achieve thus?

Thanks in advance

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some one help me on this

Thanks,

Chandru

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not sure about your 1st requirement,

- how the sales employee exprenses are linked to sales order & how its charged to the customer?

2- if the asset value divided into 48 equal installment paid monthly by customer, then you can map through billing plans i.e periodic billing using service contracts.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reazuddin,

I have solved the second part of the question as you have explained

To simplify my requirement, can you explain how the expenses posted via finance (eg using transaction copde F-02) to sales order are billed to the customer.

What ever expenses posted to sales order needs to be billed to customer. The expense posted to sales order can be via finance or via PO or via travel management.

Thanks,

Chandru

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any expenses which needs to be charged from the customer, should have specific cond type in which these costs either entered manually or derived based on logic ( as per business call).

its just another cond type in pricing procedure ( could be price cond type or surcharge cond type)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reazuddin

Would you explain in detail on what configuration has to be done, what condition type should be used

Thanks,

Chandru