cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP content server and Original files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I stored the original files in dms using CV01n via kpro setting and content server.

can you tell me how to check the files in Content server. where the files are phsyically stored in SAPDB.

Pls confirm.

regards

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra /princeck /Ckumar

Using

DMS_KPRO_READ you can check the files in Content server. where the files are phsyically stored in SAPDB

for that use T-code SE38

in Program Text box put DMS_KPRO_READ

Select Subobject as Source Code

Click on Display button

thn Execute it or Press F8 (short cut for direct processing)

Enter Document Type

Document Number

Document Part

Document Version

and execute it

it shows you all the detail what you want

PHIO-ID is the ID of your Document Type which is stored in Content Server with your Repository Name

Regards

Tushar Dave

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

This forum is not intended as a replacement for training. Please use the search facility or attend suitable training. This is a basic question that can be answered by attending even the most basic SAP DMS training course.

Regards,

Athol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

In CV01n when you upload original files and select a option for check-in original , the storage category comes and you store the files in that repository means a server. Now, if you have selected sap db as storage category here then file gets stored in sap db. and if you have defined a separate content server for this then it will be stored in content server.

Hope this will clarify the doubts.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra

Thanks for your reply.

I already created document in CV01n and atached the original file to content server thru KPRO.

Now i want to confirm which table and how the file is stored in maxdb. i think its stored in binary format in db.

but i want to know where the files are stored in db. any table has this data...? or how can it be confirmed in SAP.

I mean no need to decide the file storage location in sap db?

Regards

Ckumar