cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table name/Field name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How do we find what table the fields belong-to on a screen, be it XD01, MM01 or VA01.

I tried Recording, and pressing F1 from that field and going to technical help section. But I realized that sometimes (or most of the times) recording and F1 (help) give us a STRUCTURE name rather than the actual table name.

Whats the standard or accurate of way of finding the table names and field name.

Thanks in advance,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you want table for specifically XD01-

General Data in Customer Master KNA1

Customer Master (Company Code) KNB1

for material - MARA

VA01 - VBAK or VBAP

Hope will help you

Thanks

Trupti

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I made my question, easy to understand.

What I'm exactly attempting to find out is, How do we find out the Field-Table relationship in a screen.

The data on the screen XD01 comes from several tables (or may be a VIEW). Is there a way to find out what table each of these fields belong to.

For example:

If you go ABAP Dictionary and select Table fields and once you type the table name (let's say VBAK) it will give you all the fields that belong to that table.

Similarly, on any given screen how do we find the field table relationship.

Have I successfully confused you guys

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is tough to find out because there will be plenty of tables in one view or tab page and search in google or forum.

balajia

Edited by: balaji timmampalli achari on Dec 14, 2010 3:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using this document. It might answer a few questions you may have. It's a provides the relationship between SAP tables and some of the fields that are contained within the fields.

http://www.recercat.net/bitstream/2072/5419/4/PFCLopezRuizAnnex3.pdf

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on field properties. Some fields are stored in database tables , some are derived. few structure tables doesnt store the database.

For more tables, find in FORUM.

fyi- you can doubt click on element & from the last tab ( values) you can find the table name . ( but not for all fields)

Regards,

Reazuddin MD