cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO and SolMan integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you pls confirm or correct me on my understanding..

SAP SolMan is integrated/used with SAP TAO in order to maintain Life Cycle(Management) or to traces the changes using transport .And Hence SolMan is not a mandatory requirement for SAP Automation using SAP TAO.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jyotsna,

Your understanding would apply to TAO 1.0. Solution Manager is optional.

However in the current release of TAO 2.0 the entire architecture has been re-designed and Solution Manager is an intregal part as this is where the Testing Repository is located. Because of this product redesign in TAO 2.0, Solution Manager is mandatory.

Please refer to the SAP [SAP TAO 2.0 installation Manual|http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000724737&_OBJECT=011000358700000296642010E]

An excerpt for your information:

2. Setup

2.1 SAP TAO 2.0 Installation files

SAP TAO 2.0 requires following installations:-

1. ST-TAO: ST-TAO agent need to be installed on SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP20 and above.

2. ST-PI: Latest Solution Manager Tool Plug-in (ST-PI) need to be installed on the managed system, e.g. ECC 6.0

3. SAP TAO Front End: this need to be installed on a desktop/laptop with Windows Vista or Windows XP 32 bit Operating system.

Also refer to SAP Note 1404715 - SAP TAO 2 Installation Information. The product matrix is described here.

So if you are on SAP TAO 1.0 then Solution Manager is optional

However if you are on SAP TAO 2.0 then Solution Manager is mandatory.

Happy to have helped!

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Adding to Paul comments, enabling SAP TAO license u201CSolman is requiredu201D i.e. SMD system.

And also please make sure you follow the compatibility matrix of QC, QTP, SAO TAO , BPT , ST-PI & ST-400 proper patches (Very important). This entire compatibility matrix is based on what version of SAP TAO you are using. If you donu2019t install proper patches SAP TAO will not work consistently and also will have some problems with consolidation.

Please go through these following notes:

SAP TAO Client u2013 1404715

SAP Solman Manager: ST-400 & Agent: 1368112

ST-PI - 1228898 & 1439575

And also as Paul said, Solman is mandatory to enable license and install TAO agents but if you want to use SAP TAO features which is u201CChange Analyzeru201D i.e. u201CRelease Managementu201D should use Solman. If your transports are moving through solman then only you can track of impact of changes of particular object but this is not compulsory to use it and itu2019s your optional.

For your refernece - Recently SAP has released SAP TAO SP4 patch it has new features Run & Report & extra features of Object Spy .

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul and Ram..

Thanks for your information. It was really helpful.

Answers (0)