cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fulfill negative qty on dinamic storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

could You pls advice me, how to handle negative stock on dinamic storage bin been related to production order?

We have the dinamic storage bin created for component when the material staging is done (LP10, LB13). During production order confirmation the GI is also handled - backflush method. If the component backflush is actually higher that the reserved qty, the dinamic storage bin qty turn into negative. (Yes, the business procedure should be changed, and additional material staging is done - but warehouse guys simple skip it as a habit.). Having negative qty in prod. order bin creates a lot of problem, specially at the stock take: I can not create a cycle count inventory document if qty is exist. I only know the way to handle this qty at dinamic bin manually: one-by-one (sadly I do it with LSMW), but I want to do it with some sort of automatizm. I have tried to set the replenishment for storge type - but I could not find a proper way: fill the bin up to zero.

Or is there any way to stop the production order closing (we use status TECO for this), if dinamic bin still exist?

I would appreciate a lot if You answer me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly how do they manage to produce more than the required qty as if this is possible then they must have been supplied with the components from the BOM

I.E If they are making material Z and they need components A, B, and C to make it then if you give them 50 of A, B, and C then they can only produce 50 of Z

However if you want to prevent negative stocks in the production area you could go to the production st type and disable the 'allow negative stocks'

Then investigate how they are making more than required and maybe adjust the BOM

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank You for answering - You are right in some points, the business procedure also need to be developed - and I make changes, as much as could be handled - , but it will not give a full solution.

I handle this answer as no standard solution

- some questions seem to be unanswered.

Br

Edited by: lovagszent on Dec 20, 2010 10:53 AM

Answers (0)