Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature of PDF forms

luigiprimicerio
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there anyone who knows how the digital signature works in Adobe Document Server? Is it based on 3rd party client SW? Does it allow timestamping and certificate verification?

Regards. Luigi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Francois

First of all tank you for your interest.

In fact, what I really need is to create a mechanism that certifies the authenticity and the source of the document. It is also important that the mechanism is placed in the server side. I’m still trying to find something about this issue.

Best regards

Nuno Abrantes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also want to implement the server side digital signature.

the scenarios is:

we developed several off line forms, which are generated using abap program and download to local drive, then the user fill it out and send back and upload it using another abap program.

the uploading program should check that whether the pdf file has been modified via digital signature, if yes, it will reject it.

I read the sample abap programs( fp* )in se38, and i think i got a basic idea how this should check.

but i dont know how the system should be customize to on server side and

how the digital signature file is stored and managed.

is there must be a SSL connect for the ADS in sm59?

thanks and best regards.

Jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Same question: do you really require a digital signature ? Wouldn't any other check or control enough ?

For instance (this is only a first idea!), the SAP system could generate a document ID which would change dynamically if modifications are made to the doc.

You typically require a digital signature for legal aspects of documents, sent to the outside world.

Regards

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Francois

as long as the mechanism can help us to identify the off line form has been modified or not.

could you provide more informaiton on :

"the SAP system could generate a document ID which would change dynamically if modifications are made to the doc."

another feature we want it's to provide a button, say 'Finish' or 'confirm',

once the user press the button, all the fields on the form will be read only, and can not be modified anymore. I am wondering that is this feature should be implemented on server side , or use java script on the form?

thanks and best regards.

Jun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You document has a unique dynamic ID, right ? With scripting you can modify this ID when user fills some data.

I'm not sure this is possible at runtime, I'll check in FormCalc reference (btw, it's located under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Designer 7.1\Documentation\EN).

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please anyone can help me include automatically (in the server-side) digital signature in pdf Forms (using the Adobe Document Service). I know this is possible but I can’t find any documentation about the system configuration.

thanks

Nuno Abrantes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nuno,

Does your scenario really requires a <i>digital signature</i> ? Isn't the user data, retrieved by an external system (SAP system, an LDAP server etc.) enough ?

At runtime you have access to the PDFObject API which allows you to attach a digital signature to your generated PDF.

This is a very interesting question, don't hesitate to let me know.

Francois

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luigi

Adobe Document <b>Server</b> is an Adobe stand-alone product that has nothing to do with the SAP Interactive Forms integration.

In SAP, we have the Adobe document <b>services</b> that run on the Java stack and comprise a subset of features from Adobe's stand-alone products (interestingly enough, none from the Adobe Document Server).

For digital signatures, we use the Adobe technology that we have integrated into NetWeaver.

Client-side digital signatures have been possible since NW04. In this case, the signature stays inside the PDF and cannot be validated on the server.

Server-side digital signatures are first delivered with NW 2004s. A signature is stored with a time stamp and can be validated on the server. Note that digital signatures are currently subject to a release restriction in the case of dynamic PDF forms (see <a href="http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=DISPL_TXT&_NNUM=894389&">SAP Note 894389</a>). The restriction is planned to be lifted with the release of Adobe Reader 8.0.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl