cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping one node in a view context to many nodes in the component controlle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to map an element (attribute) of a node in the View Context to an attribute of multi nodes of the same type:

Context View:

customer_no

|

| -> KUNNR

Component Controller Context having two nodes:

- Node1

RFC1

|

|->KUNNR

- Node2

RFC2

|

|->KUNNR

Above I need to map the (KUNNR) in customer_no node to KUNNR in the RFC1 RFC2 before i execute the two RFCs services.

Note:

if this is not possible would you mention another solution.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per MVC you cannot map context from view controller to component controller.Mapping can happen from component

controller to view controller.

You cannot create mapping for context attributes. You can map nodes if both source node and destination node both has same structure and same number of attributes. If they dont contain same number of attributes the extra attributes from the source node gets copied to the destination node.

In your case before the RFC execution you can read the value of attribute Kunnr from view and set it the RFC attribute Kunnr before the Function module execution.

Regards

Bala Baskaran.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i think Bala Baskaran has explained it well.

I would create a data node and there in the KUNNR arrtibute in the component controller. Do a context mapping to the view.

When you need this attribute (KUNNR) in other nodes such as for calling FM then i would just copy the value to that nodes or pass through the method parameters.

Answers (0)