Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the diffrecne between

1. Between SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and SAP ERP 6.0

SAP Netweaver is the technical platform on which SAP ERP 6.0 runs.

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/index.epx

2. Between SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 and SAP ERP 6.0 SR3

Same as the first answer. SR3 is new release pack for SAP NW 7.0 or ERP 6.0. It basically has higher support package stack.

For Eg:

ERP 6.0 may have SPS level X

ERP 6.0 SR1 may have SPS level X + n

and so on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i install ERP 6 Support Release 3 and SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3 . It Means both installations are same ?

If yes then why SAP have has given two diffrent path ?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ry3xze

Pl. suggest .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI thomas

if i install ERP 6 Support Release 3 and SAP Netweaver 7.0 Support Release 3 . It Means both installations are same ?

There dont same installations, the ERP use netweaver as aplication server, It means that your installation ERP6.0 SR3 have the Sap Netweaver Aplication Server.

Now the Sap Netweaver installation is used for ERP, CRM, SRM, etc... The difference is that the components "add-on" are differents in the installations but the SAP Netweaver aplication server is the same.

the Support Release mean the support packages to aplly in the installation.

Regards

William Neira

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still confused .

I am very sorry . I am not getting .

Can you please explain in more detail.

a. The difference is that the components "add-on" == Means If I install ERP6 , I can not install SRM , CRM ( is these are the add on's ? )

b. you mean to say in same server , I can not install these add on's on same server but can install on saperate host .

c. if i Install Netweaver then I can install these add on's on same server ?

d. if I install SAP ERP 6.0 in one box and install CRM on diffrent box and integrate it . Can I install like this .

if yes then again what is the use of Netwaver .

Pl. correct me .

I really thanks for your support .

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP ERP is a part of mySAP Business suite, where as SAP Netweaver technology is a Application platform for mySAP Business suite.

mySAP Business suite Platform:

- SAP ERP

- SAP CRM

- SAP SCM

- SAP PLM etc....

And SAP Netweaver 2004/ 2004's is the technological platform on which the above applications run

In short Netweaver technology felicitates the integration and alignment of people, information and business processes across organizational and technological foundries.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

MSID.

former_member205110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I am very sorry to say both the answers are only copy paste from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_NetWeaver .

Can you please explain in more detail.

a. The difference is that the components "add-on" == Means If I install ERP6 , I can not install SRM , CRM ( is these are the add on's ? )

b. you mean to say in same server , I can not install these add on's on same server but can install on saperate host .

c. if i Install Netweaver then I can install these add on's on same server ?

d. if I install SAP ERP 6.0 in one box and install CRM on diffrent box and integrate it . Can I install like this .

if yes then again what is the use of Netwaver .

Pl. correct me .

I really thanks for your support .

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you to go through service.sap.com/netweaver for more details about SAP NetWeaver. You can find the documents on different SAP NetWeaver releases.

>>if yes then again what is the use of Netwaver .

In one line SAP NetWeaver is a platform where you can install other applications ie ECC, SRM, CRM, SCM etc...

>>a. The difference is that the components "add-on" == Means If I install ERP6 , I can not install SRM , CRM ( is these are the add on's ? )

No, SRM, CRM, ECC are applications not add-ons.

>>b. you mean to say in same server , I can not install these add on's on same server but can install on saperate host .

You can install SAP NetWeaver and applications on same server or different servers.

>>c. if i Install Netweaver then I can install these add on's on same server ?

You need to go through the installation guide for each applications (ECC, SCM, CRM etc..)

>>d. if I install SAP ERP 6.0 in one box and install CRM on diffrent box and integrate it . Can I install like this .

Yes, you can.

Answers (0)