cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CIF while change in Material Group in R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned Material Group Description as an external field in Extra Tab in APO. When I create a material the CIF updates the filed correctly.

When I change the material group the CIF gives and error "Location does not exist for external location FR02, type , and BSG BSG1" where FR02 is my Plant.

When I delete the queue and re execute the IM the change is updated in APO.

Can someone tell me why the above CIF error appears for every change done.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

In the message, the field 'type' is not populated. It should probably say '1001' which is the APO type for a plant.

I suspect that the userexit you are using to populate the description has not been properly coded. Consult with the developer who created this userexit, and ask him to debug.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

I will check with my ABAPER, Can you tell me the correct UserExit for this CIF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

It is common for experienced ABAPers to be able to determine this on their own. Normally all you should have to do is explain in business terms what is happening, and the ABAPer should be able to troubleshoot the problem without you first discovering the code details for him.

There are a couple of ways to populate the aux fields in the SCM product master. The first userexit I would look at would be CIFMAT01 on the R/3 side.

Best Regards,

DB49