cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA: Latest available patch level is empty for some satellite systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we have connected different ABAP systems to our central solution manager. With some systems (both SAP ERP ECC 6.0) when generating EarlyWatch Alert there is no "latest available patch level" information (the column is empty). With some other systems it works without problems (also ERP ECC 6.0).

SAP Note "1442573 - EarlyWatch Alert: Latest Available Patch Level is empty" cannot be implemented (for SAPKITL433, we are already on SAPKITL434).

Installed Components (same version on systems which work and systems which did not work):

ST-PI 2008_1_700 3 SAPKITLRD3 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

ST-A/PI 01M_ECC600 1 SAPKITAR7F Application Servicetools for ECC 600-605

Solution Manager EHP 1 PL 24

ST 400 0024 SAPKITL434 SAP Solution Manager Tool

ST-A/PI 01M_CRM570 0001 SAPKITAC4F Application Servicetools for CRM 500 - 7

ST-ICO 150_700 0024 SAPK-1507OINSTPL SAP Solution Manager Implementation Content

ST-SER 701_2010_1 0002 SAPKITLOS2 SAP Solution Manager Service Tools

ST-PI 2008_1_700 0003 SAPKITLRD3 SAP Solution Tools Plug-In

As I read in SAP note the job "SM:GET_PPMS_DATA_FROM_OSS" should collect the "latest available patch level" information from OSS is responsible to collect this data but I didn't find any entry in SM37 for this job??? Although it works for some systems...

ERP and Solman are connected to OSS via different SAP routers, but both connections work without problems.

Any ideas? Thanks + BR, Basti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, there is an SAP Note for that problem 1442573 - EarlyWatch Alert: Latest Available Patch Level is Empty.

You will need to apply this Note to fix this problem.

Glad to be of help.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

thanks for replying. The note 1442573 - EarlyWatch Alert: Latest Available Patch Level is Empty cannot be implemented using transaction SNOTE because it is only released for SAPKITL433. Our solman is already SAPKITL434, so the problem should be fixed within this release... but I still have this problem.

Basti

Edited by: bd on Dec 11, 2010 7:15 PM

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Basti,

Yes if you are on SAPKITL434 that correction should already be included.

There are a few other recommendations that you can try and see if any of them resolve.

Ensure you have applied SAP Note 1405878 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP22 to SP24

Then make sure you have all the available updates for Service Content Update, use AGS_UPDATE to search for, download and activate available content on your system. Please see SAP Note 1143775 SAP Service Content Update.

Ensure your ST-SER Release is patched with the latest SP level.

Run RTCCTOOL on the Satellte systems that are missing this data, is it all green rated or are you getting a red rating, perhaps on ST-PI and ST-A/PI?

On the Satellite systems, if ABAP, check the SDCCN EWA task logs for any errors/warnings that may explain why the data is missing, as perhaps there was an issue collecting it or with one of the fuction modules.

In SDCCN the maintenance task also runs a refresh defintions task. If that task is failing you may have outdate service definitions on some of your systems. If there is an issue with service definitions and running a refreshing definitions task doesn't help, replace them as per SAP Note 727998.

Ensure you have scheduled job SM:GET_PPMS_DATA_FROM_OSS as per SAP Note 894279.

You can create a daily job (better scheduled at night) that runs the progra DSWP_GET_PPMS_DATA_AUS_OSS?

Then check the next EWA generated and see if the data is filled. This is because according notes 894279, 1442573 and 1402712, this jobis responsible for maintaining the data to be available for sessions.

So there are a number of things to check and to do that can help in this case.

Please let us know if any of these helped, so if others have this issue, they can reference. Also if you need further help.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I started to work on this worklist. I will let you know as soon as I have a solution for my problem.

Thank you and regards, Basti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

applying SAP Note 1405878 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions: SP22 to SP24 fixed the problem. Thank you Paul for the information.

Thank you and best regards, Basti

Answers (0)