Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple files to single using bpm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenarion : 6 files to 1 file using BPM

( 6 files are generated from the tool in a folder )

Files

abc1xyz_20101210.txt

abc2xyz_20101210.txt

abc3xyz_20101210.txt

abc4xyz_20101210.txt

abc5xyz_20101210.txt

abc6xyz_20101210.txt

Conditions

1) Sender File Adapter needs to pick the files when all the files are generated .

2) Should not pick the duplicate files

(eg : abc1xyz_20101210.txt

abc2xyz_20101210.txt

abc1xyz_20101211.txt

abc1xyz was repeated 2 times , ignore the file before file is picked.

ponints will be awarded

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) Sender File Adapter needs to pick the files when all the files are generated .

Hi,

There is no option in Sender file Adapter for "pick the files when all the files are generated"

Have you planned what are the steps BPM should have? Because we assumed that you already designed BPM and your query is just to eliminate Duplicated files in BPM.

Please lets know whether our assumption is correct or not?

Regards,

Jag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the below link, will give you some idea to proceed

http://www.saptechnical .com/Tutorials/XI/BPM/Fork1.htm

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareen,

In Our Scenario , All the Files have the Same meta data , I need to append all the Files in a single file ( Not Merging ).

Thanks

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Arun said you can do it in BPM(because you alreayd decided to use ccBPM) but i don't think its possible without Transformation.

If you want to discard duplicate files in SAP PI in your scenario you have to use Transformation.

Regards,

Jag

Edited by: jag on Dec 13, 2010 2:08 PM

Edited by: jag on Dec 13, 2010 2:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jag,

I will treat complete record as a single field. and do the transformation.

Can u please suggest me how we can achive with BPM and using transformation

Please provide me the Steps and Logic

Thanks

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no settings available in sender adapter to stop picking duplicate files.

Try to control it from the sender application itself. Another option is be to ignore these duplicate messages in the ccBPM instance.

arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Can you please explain me teh logic how to proceed in cBPM (Note : No Transformation )

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I prefer these kind of check can be easily done by the sender system or tool while generating those files itself..

that is during the generation of file if the file already exists then overwrite the content or delete the existing file and create new file...

other option can be..using OS scripts to validate the file name till 4 characters..read the file name and take first four chars and compare it with the all other files...

I cannot provide the exact code but check with some scripting guys..I think the above logic can be achievable..

HTH

Rajesh