cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAR - Reruns of Role Usage Synchronization not picking up new data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am testing the UAR process, which we have never used before. When I ran the process the first time, I accidentally had the ERM connector pointing to the wrong SAP system. Also did not set the Synchroization Start Date far enough back (only set it to the first of the current month).

I've changed the ERM connector to point to the correct SAP system now and am trying to run a new Role Usage Synchronization job back to the first of the year. The job doesn't show any errors in the Background Jobs/Job History, but the VT_RE_ROLE_USG table is not getting updated. It still contains the data from the first run of the Synchronization job.

Also, when I try to look at the Configuration/Miscellaneous screen, I get one of those "500 Internal Server Error" messages.

We just recently upgraded to version ERM 5.3 13.1.

Thanks.

500 Internal Server Error

Application error occurred during request processing.

Details: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Exception id: [001EC9D035DF006F000000280000104000049714E97669CA]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

To fix the '500 Internal Server Error' issue, please make sure to upload initial data xml files for SP 13.1.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Importing the xml files solved the Miscellaneous page proble.

However,I reran the Role Usage Synchronization job and it still did not update the VT_RE_ROLE_USG data.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Job History for the Role Usage Synch is giving a new error that I didn't see before. See below.

Error in backend system/Web service; /VIRSA/ERM_GET_CHANGED_USERS function template not found on SMD_100

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've resolved this problem. Turns out that for some reason this particular SAP system had not had the 5.3 RTA applied, it was still at 5.2.