Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A user has the authorizations in his UMR, but error still appearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with several issue in a company i am working for. The issue is the following:

When a user wants to do something SAP gives an authorization error for an authorization that the user has in his UMR. When i remove any other role, the user can execute the transaction.

I have seen the RZ10 looking for auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer but it does not exist!!!! what can i do????????

Thanks In advance!!!

4 REPLIES 4

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There might be many issue and I am surprized to see what you have wrote... Still many things happen that mey get solved without any explanation... Still you could check below things..

1. Compare all the roles assigned to user manually in PFUD

2. How many profile user do have? Theoratically it is maximum 312 (314???)... Well it is itself a long story..

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer is obsolete. Check for parameter auth/new_buffering. The value should be set to 4. Also, ensure that the PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY job is scheduled and running every day.

Refer to SAP note 209899 for more information on the new parameter.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error message he sees there? This could also be because of the profiles not being updated correctly. Do a mass comparision for all the roles and see the difference again

Former Member
0 Kudos

default value of auth/auth_number_in_userbuffer , you can see in RZ11.

regards,

Surpreet