cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practise for EDI-IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a EDI-IDOC scenario for invoicing our customers.

There are 2 options that I can use, create partner profiles of type KU for each of our customer that we will be invoicing or have

a LS for XI and configure the same.

My company has around 400 customers. So incase i chose to go with KU then i have to configure 400 partner profiles right?

Which is the best practice for this scenario?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

As stated above, you can use LS partner instead of KU partner. There are, however, some pros and cons to be considered:

1) Post-processing agent assignment. If you have different people working with different customers you can assign them as post-processing agents to the respective partner profiles. If you switch to LS you will need to have only one agent (it might be a group of people though).

2) When you have a separate profile for each customer then the customer number is included in the IDoc control record. This allows to quickly view the IDocs by customer number. E.g. if a customer calls and asks where the heck is my document then customer service could easily see all the IDocs for that customer in WE05, for example, and check what's going on. With LS they would have to dig into the segments for that.

So the business process requirement decides this. If you don't care for any of this you might be even better off using LS instead of KU, because it requires less maintenance.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better to go for Logical system LS for partners ..instead of KU..

here if you want to notify the partners also in case of errors you can use some user exit for the same too..

HTH

Rajesh