cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Configtool & LDAP data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to modify OFFLINE an LDAP server name in our Netweaver CE 7.1 instance, using the SAP configtool.

However, I do not get an option to access the UME LDAP Data as described in the SDN WIKI link below.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/ChangingUMEpropertiesusingtheconfigtool

How can I get access to modify this data? Is there another way to change these parameters offline (LDAP server, username and password)?

Regards,

paul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

access to configtool , you can run the bat/sh file depending upon the OS whether its windows/unix flavor under

usr/sap/sid/instace/j2ee/configtool/configtool.bat

if you want to do it offline, you can stop only J2EE instance alone and keep the database up and perform this activity. your config tool will be still up

-durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I have no problem starting the configtool, it starts up fine.. the issue is that I miss the UME LDAP data icon in the list and I'm unable to modify the address and name of the LDAP server in the NW configuration.

Since the old LDAP server (in the configuration) its not longer available, the NW does not start .. so I fall exactly on the case described here http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/%28SIM%29Problems-P11

The solution offered in the link above considers that the configured LDAP server still exists (not our case - we simply lost it).

I was looking into some means to change the NW configuration values, so that it will point to an existing domain controller, thus looking in configtool and pushing me into another situation, where the configtool with its present options does not help me.

My question is/was, do you know another way to modify the LDAP settings in NW (other than configtool or NW interface) ? Another option i guess, is to add somehow the LDAP icon in the configtool tree-list window .. but this exceeds my personal possibilities (and knowledge) .. unfortunately.

Thanks,

paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I'm not aware if any we can do this with any other tool and also available as well. If it is in just the option that we don't see in config tool . Try seeing it on a different J2EE instance and copy that .bat script to the existing system..and see if any luck but prior we need to the back up of the current one.

here is something that is similar.

-durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update :

1. Tried ConsoleConfig.bat .. drilled to the template CE_Java_EE_Production_Full found the service com.sap.security.core.ume.service found the parameter with the server (namely "ume.ldap.access.server_name") .. tried to edit custom values, apply changes .. and .. Of course, an error .. "Can't edit property .. " (see above which one) .. Please restart the cluster .. Please press enter to continue ..

2. Tried again, ConfigTool in Edit Mode, drilled to the cluster_config/templates/default/com.sap.security.core.ume.service/Propertysheet properties found the parameter with the server (namely "ume.ldap.access.server_name") .. tried to change it.

Of course, another error .. Error: Error occurred: The ConfigEntry '#@ume.ldap.access.server_name' in configuration 'cluster_config/templates/default/CE_Java_EE_development_full/cfg/services/com.sap.security.core.ume.service/properties' is final. No modify operations are allowed on inherited final ConfigEntries! "

.. hmm is there a way to change those values in 'inherited final config entries" ??? Where are they inherited from?

paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: Now i have the system back up.

cluster_config > system > custom_global > cfg > services > com.​sap.​security.​core.​ume.​service > Propertysheet properties held the answer. Config tool worked in edit mode after several attempts.

Again, many thanks.

paul.

Answers (0)