cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound delivery external number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My client organization uses OTM fom tranportation management and SAP for all other supply chain functions. SAP inbound delivery for POs are creted by inbound Idoc from OTM. Later OTM sends inbound shipment for earlier created inbound deliveries.

client requirement is to create inbound delivery with external number range to synch with OTM delivery number. This will also help OTM with inbound delviery information, when sending shipment and shipment cost interfaces to SAP. If we use internal number range, OTM will not know inbound delivery number in SAP(unless we create another interface to send that number back to OTM. Which is not desired).

Is there a way to assign internal number range for inbound deliveries using user exits etc. Or any other alternate solutions for this problem.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In delivery type definition (0VLK) for your inbound delivery type you can define external number range.

Then your external system which generates inbound deliveries should be using the same range. And within inbound delivery create interface you can put inbound delivery number directly into the idoc. This should create your inbound delivery with external number without any custom user exits etc.

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your response. I am using Idoc type: DELVRY05 with message type:DESADV. I do not see Idoc filed for inboud delivery number input. Can you please let me know Idoc filed to be used? Or any other Idoc which gives option for inputting inbound del. number.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check E1EDL20-VBELN idoc field

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski